Tales of the Abyss - Stuttering Sounds And Slow Speeds, Etc.
I'm trying to play Tales of the abyss, and I've gotten as far as the Title Screen, but the intro movie, and the sound effects, as well as BG Music are all stuttering and the graphics are slow.

My computer is a gateway DX4200-UB101A

- Windows Vista Home Premium x64
- AMD Phenom™ X3 8400 Triple-Core processor (2.1 GHz for each core)
- ATI Radeon HD 3200 Integrated Graphics (780G Motherboard I believe)
- 6 GB (6144 MB) 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM (two 2048 MB and two 1024 MB modules)
- 16X DVD ±R/RW super multi drive
- 500 GB 7200 RPM SATA II hard drive
- Sound: Integrated ALC888S HD audio codec 7.1

One more thing, the terminal hangs at the "end music" command after I select New Game from the title menu.

Sponsored links

It's probably your graphics card so click the native next to the DRD res in gdsx.

Also try the speed hacks x2 for both.
(02-18-2009, 01:02 AM)dralor Wrote: It's probably your graphics card so click the native next to the DRD res in gdsx.

Also try the speed hacks x2 for both.

Sorry I'm quite new to this, what checkboxes are the speed hacks?
It's in the speedhacks section oh the drop down configure menu. one under cycle rate and the other is IOp or something similiar.
I have another problem too in relation to this, sometimes on certain configurations, the game will not boot, and it goes into an audio CD of some kind, which has distorted audio when played.
Hmm that is odd. I've had it go to audio cd before but when run again it worked fine so I figured my dying dvd drive was to blame.
Well, anyway, the suggestions didn't help much, it still stutters and stuff.
I've messed around with settings and I can freely tell you that ZEROGS KOSMOS causes it to go super extremely slow even with the speed hacks, unless I use ZEROSPU or PEOPS SPU combined with it in a special way >.> I'm staying away from ZERO's stuff anyway because it just won't work.

Mind you, the most stable I can get the sound is with PEOPS' SPU, the playground SPU doesn't work no matter what settings. Granted, the sound still stutters, and the game moves a little slowly even with PEOPS. I even sometimes get gray screens for the entire in-game UI System (not animated sequences) depending on how bad I configure everything.

Basically, I don't know what I'm doing, and I want to know what good combinations I should use. I'm using commercial discs though, so that may be a problem.
first of all your CPU is too slow. You need atleast 3ghz duo or quad.

second, your graphics card is also weak.
[Image: a0iic2.png]
Vista Home Premium 64-bit | E8500 @4.2GHz (526x8) ~1.30V
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P | 4Gb 1066mhz Corsair XMS2
Radeon HD 4850 OC 10% | 1.14TB (640+500gb) WDC
Antec Nine Hundred | Antec Earthwatts 500w
I have a problem like this one, so I'll use this post. How is going ToA in latest revisions of PCSX2? I'm having several slowdowns(game's running at 70-80%), but in r377 can play perfectly. But there is that crash issue when going to submenus. I think that has been fixed in later svn, but, of course, I can't play. And there are random crashes too after battles.

Specs:
C2Q 6600
8800 GTS
4GB RAM
Win7 beta, 32b(Vista has compatibility problems with my motherboard xD)

Playing at r377 with Gsdx 890 0.1.14, ZeroSPU2 PG r563, and Linnuzapz plugins. Same configuration at r478 and r522 doesn't work very smoothly. Tried various Gsdx 0.1.7 plugins too, in DX10.

Thanks, and sorry for my poor english Tongue

EDIT: Speedhacks activated in r377:
-Disable Forced ABS
-EE/IOP Sync Hack