Tales of the Abyss crash when using spu2-x
Right after the first training scene, the game fades to a black screen and is stuck there, so I switched the sound plugin to the ZeroSPU2 r3061 0.4.6 and now it doesn't freeze, but the sound has reverb and echoes like twice every couple seconds. Really making me mad. Can't I use some setting or other plugin to fix both problems?

ALSO could I get a Pnach or atleast the code lines for the cheats for this game that unlock the titles that give you all the new costumes?

Sponsored links

Try Directsound option in spu plugin.
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz
Vid Card: Geforce 9400GT
(10-11-2010, 10:41 AM)VaynardX Wrote: Try Directsound option in spu plugin.

Alright I'll try that out. Also I already have the raw codes I needed for the game, so nevermind about the codes.

^

If you have the codes, can you upload the pnach file? I really want that code too. Anyway, I don't why you got the sound error though, I played it with r3113 version of pcsx2 and havent had any problems. Anyway, try directsound and see what happens.
Yeah I'll post it on this thread in a bit. But I have another problem.

I used direct sound like you said and it seemed to work.

But when I get on the world map... there is no music, and after battles the game stays on the black screen. Safe to say I need a better fix. ANy suggestions?
Hmm, to help you even further, can you post a screenshot of your pcsx2 settings? And also your pc specs. Also include your speedhacks screenshot.
(10-12-2010, 01:11 AM)marsfalcon Wrote: But when I get on the world map... there is no music, and after battles the game stays on the black screen.

Looks like you have speedhacks enabled, that one actually looks like an effect of the "Enable fast cdvd" one and the first problem you have looks more like cyclerate or vu cycle stealing hacks. So... try disabling them if you have them enabled.

Post your settings as VaynardX said and also any errors you might get in the console window.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Alright, I figure something out. I have some speed hacks on yes, but I got it to wher ethe world map is fine now, i have music, and it doesn't crash at the end of a battle.

BUT, the time between the end of battle and going back to the world map is very long. I disabled all hacks and its the same. My frame skipping is at constant skipping. I dunno if I need that for this game. Also my gsdx is set to direct3d 10/11 hardware , native resolution is on, no experim

So yeah... waiting 5 seconds after every battle to get back to the world map is intensely annoying, I would love some advice on how to solve that part.

(EDIT) Alright.. I figure out also that this only happens on the world map.. its slightly laggy and the battle ends take a long time to return to the world map.

I unlimited frames so it helps just a little, but in towns, dungeons whatever, everything seems to be fine.

I'm guessing there is no real fix for JUST the world map stuff...
The slow world map load happens in the PS2 too, people always hated battles in the world map because of the load time so just don't get into many fights there Tongue

Just try to figure out what speedhacks don't cause problems for you, I recently finished a run in "unknown" difficulty with just the recommended speedhacks (I don't think they cause trouble in any game I have actually).
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Yeah, disable the microvu hack and only check the recommended ones. Hmm, I didnt know that the fast cdvd loading does make some things bug out.>.<

@ShadowLady Wtf man, you beaten the unknown mode? How many playthroughs did you get to finish it on unknown?@.@ I wanna try hard mode 1st.XD Slow transition I would say.XD