Tales of the Abyss crashing
even when you set the hack to slight speedup? well, then you've perhaps found a game that doesn't like "vu cycle stealing" at all. for the sound problem: try spu2-x, disable "interpolation", "effects processing" and select another output module like "directsound". also check if there is a driver update available for your soundcard/onboard chip and (re)install the full redist of the latest march '09 directx.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403

Sponsored links

nope nothing ... spu2-2 wont let me use directsound i get "error opening spu2 plugin" when trying to use it. guess i will have to live with it Tongue
you cannot use "directsound" in spu2-x? well, then i'd guess, that either your directx has been corrupted or that the sound chip/driver is incompatible/buggy.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
ill try updating directx again... directsound doesnt work with my audigy 2 or this realtek onboard but it does work in ventrilo etc
ok i got directsound working..it wasnt the fault of directx or anything its all Vista ....
http://connect.creativelabs.com/alchemy/default.aspx

so now we wil lsee if i still get these problems Tongue
still get cutting out sound then crashing with cycle stealing on even using directsound
Does it crash at all using no speedhacks at all? tried enabling microvu?

Tried it on the stable pcsx2 0.9.6, again with no speedhacks?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
yeah im using stable pcsx2 and have tried latest beta.. it runs fine without cycle stealing on and microvu is actually a slowdown for me Tongue
You're not turning it all the way up are you? well anyway then you'll have a choice to make, crashes or the extra speed what's more important Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
nope even on slight the sound will cut out then crash