Tales of the Abyss problems
Ok, so I have two problems with running TotA on PCSX2 0.9.6.
1) When I go to save/load a game, it stops on the "Checking memory card (ps2)..." screen and never actually does anything. I wouldn't call it a freeze, because it clearly is trying to do something...like sound still plays and whatnot. But since it never actually leaves this screen, I have to close the program and open it again, and I can't get very far without being able to save. I'm using Windows 7 64bit so it might be a security thing.
2) Not sure if this is an emulator problem or not, it might just be that I'm a noob at this and don't know how to play the game right...but during battles, it tells me to select target with the d-pad buttons, but pressing them doesn't do anything. However, it unpauses and the battle continues on when the emulator window isn't the front window. I try to click the window again to bring it to the front, and it goes back to the select target screen.
Any ideas why it does this? The game works perfectly otherwise.

Sponsored links

i suggest you try with the latest beta and show us your PCSX2/plugin settings (including your controller settings) so we can help better
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I've tried to use 0.9.7, but it always comes up with the "CDVD plugin failed to open" screen, even though all the plugins are in the folder the program is set to look in. But for 0.9.6, I use these settings:

Edit: Oh, and I use the X2 Cycle Rate and the INTC Sync speed hacks, I've tried with and without and get the same problems so it's not those. At least, I don't think so.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-29-2010, 04:53 AM)-W3s- Wrote: I've tried to use 0.9.7, but it always comes up with the "CDVD plugin failed to open" screen, even though all the plugins are in the folder the program is set to look in.

What's the actual error you get in the console log window?

If you're running an ISO make sure it's not being used by any other program like being mounted in daemon tools or something else.

Edit: in that screen you have a mess of controller plugins, try to use at least lilypad 0.9.9 and set the same plugin for both first/second controller plugin.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64