Tales of the abyss rectangles on screen
(04-10-2016, 04:04 PM)AzazelDC Wrote: Hello,

GSDX OpenGL HW (last svn), Internal Resolution X3 (X4 and X5 is good also here), Hardware Hack activated with Offset Hack, Hardware Depth activated, Anisotropic X16, Partial CRC, Blending unit on Basic, widescreen patch and that's all.

My config:
Windows 10 (up to date)
Intel G3258 4.7 Ghz
Geforce GTX 750 Ti (Driver 361.91)
8 Go DDR3 1600 Mhz

And voila, no problem:

[Image: DvwToJp.jpg]
[Image: SeBYf6d.jpg]

This is for me with your config (Images attached)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

(04-10-2016, 04:33 PM)vsub Wrote: AzazelDC this is not one of the problematic areas...those are some of them

Engave - grid
Desert Oasis - grid(barely visible)
Grand Chokmah - grid
Keterburg - grid
Belkend - grid

Tataroo Valley - grid(night version)
Zao Ruins - grid(outside)

All those areas don't show the grid for me until I lower the CRC hack level on the more recent GSdx versions.

It's very strange that it's showing for you despite having it at full. This entire grid issue makes no sense at all, because it clearly doesn't seem to show up for everyone unless specifically screwing around with settings.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Quote:AzazelDC this is not one of the problematic areas...those are some of them

Hu ? In the first post of thread, There is this image: http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=59529

Same place that me in my screenshot...

Furthermore, i finished the game without problem.

Luisma: Driver problem maybe? Maybe to test my driver (361.91)?
(04-10-2016, 05:07 PM)AzazelDC Wrote: Hu ? In the first post of thread, There is this image: http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=59529

Same place that me in my screenshot...

Furthermore, i finished the game without problem.

Luisma: Driver problem maybe? Maybe to test my driver (361.91)?

Nope, i got exactly the same driver version than you.
Hello,

I myself have encountered some problems with Tales of the Abyss. I do have the rectangles on GSDX 20160105132032 SSE3 when using None in the CRC level. However, i have other troubles as well... as you can see in the first screenshot, if i use the "None" Setting, there are strange shadow problems appearing around the lamp post in this area (it also happened in other areas too, usually around light sources  such as these, and seems to be caused by the alpha hardware hack.. which is needed to correct most of the light sources in the game otherwise :I ). And if i use anything other than the none setting for Crc, well.. i get the problem in the 2nd screenshot, where it seems that all the textures of the environment are somehow being reflected on the screen and zoomed in, as if there was some sort of filter in front of it.

I tried pretty much everything i could as far as gsxd settings go, but couldn't get rid of either of these things except with software mode, which isn't really an option for me since it looks really bad. It also does the shadow around light sources glitch with the custom gsdx for ToA, compiled by Ryudo. I have no Speed hacks enabled and didn't touch anything in EE/IoP or VUs. I usually use the alpha hardware hack as well as 450x and 450y offset. Tried using the half offset instead, but be it from the Ryudo custom one or the regular one, the results are the same than with the 450/450 offset.

I'm a bit at a loss here and don't know what to do anymore, as it seems i have to chose between one problem or another, so i hope someone with more knowledge than myself will be able to help. Thanks in advance

Can you post your GSdx settings
1.I can't no matter what I try get those exact problems
2.The textures look way too good for native resolution
3.Are you using some hacks from HW Hacks in GSdx
CRC none on DX11 isn't a good idea Wink

However you could try openGL hardware with accurate blending on high, CRC none. Depth will normally emulated correctly.
Here are my gsdx settings (in the attached image). However it's indeed not native res, but 4x native.
And as i said, i use the Alpha hardware hack as well as offset 450x 450y, as you can see in the image below.  The exact same settings but with crc on anything other than none gave me the result previously posted in the second image, while these exact settings gave the result of the first one.

I'll try with OpenGL, as it is something i didn't think of before and it might actually work Smile thanks for the suggestion.

EDIT:      OpenGL did indeed solve the problem, and i now have a good rendering of shadows and everything in Crc none. Only thing that's left is these black rectangles that appear from time to time, but since it's solved by just pressing f9 twice, it's really not a problem at all. Thanks a lot Gregory Smile

EDIT2: After further testing, it appears there is a problem with crc none however.. first, the rectangles are more visible with OpenGl than with Dx11 for some reason, and a lot of bloom effects seem to be missing. And if i try and use CrcFull instead of none, i'll get ghosting in one place or another no matter what i try. Half pixel offset screw up the ghosting all over the place, creating an effect similar to what i experienced before in Dx11 + Crc Full. Offset 450x/450y, while working good on CrcNone, creates ghosting in multiple places in CrcFull (Keterburg being the worse). The best i could do was putting Offset 45x/42y while in Crc Full to avoid most of the ghosting in the game, except on the main menu and on that broken screen before a battle, which is weird, because these two actually work fine if i put offset 450x/450y, even in CrcFull. Seems like there is no definite solution for a perfect running of this game :I

Wondered if it would be possible to somehow merge the half pixel offset ToA patch that is in Ryudo's old gsdx plugin with the latest OGL gsdx? i think that would actually solve all the problems i met so far, since OGL would take care of the accurate rending of lights and shadows, and the special ToA offset would take care of all ghosting occurences at once even in Crc Full..

Edit: sorry for double post :I