Tech Help - PS2 Memory via USB Linux
Tongue 
Hello, I would like to ask if anyone knows how to mount a Ps2 Memory Card with a USB Memory Card adapter on Gnu/Linux.

I can see the device;

$ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 007 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 006 Device 004: ID 054c:02ea Sony Corp. Ninja

The bit thats got me stumped is how the hell do I mount the device so I can read / write to the device!?! Sad

Linux has a few tools I've noticed in the repositories that might do it, but I am unsure and rather than try un-successfully I thought I would come and ask all you professional Ps2 hackers out there if anyone knows the best way to go about it. (using Linux)

Thank you, in anticipation of your reply. Cool

M.

Sponsored links

Well, look at dmesg (at the end). There usually written all important stuff, and device names to.
(09-05-2010, 11:53 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: Well, look at dmesg (at the end). There usually written all important stuff, and device names to.

Thanks brah, I am thinking what i'll probably do is tail that and then try usbmount or pmount respectively, I think one of those might work, I remember I had this before when I plugged in my mobile phone, which I fixed on my other box so I could get into and out of the phone with ease. I know windows se7en has the drivers for this card and does it automatically whereas shamefully *nix doesn't without some fiddle and poke.

Worst comes to worst I can always swipe the drivers from Se7en and use ndiswrapper.

I guess it's a case of suck it an see! Closedeyes