Teen Titans running sluggish
(06-04-2013, 02:42 AM)Fayt756 Wrote: If you don't need speedhacks and enable them they are more likely to break the game then help.. slowdowns,graphical issues that kinda stuff

Well that's just it. If I hadn't had any speedhacks enabled I'd probably be lagging. I just think I needed to find a happy medium in this case.

Sponsored links

(06-04-2013, 02:48 AM)Scootaloo Wrote: Well that's just it. If I hadn't had any speedhacks enabled I'd probably be lagging. I just think I needed to find a happy medium in this case.

I only enable the 4 at the bottom that are recommended I disable the ones at the top
CPU: Core i7 3610QM 2.30GHz (Turbo up to 3.10GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670m 3gb
RAM: 16gb ddr3
[Image: images.jpg]
(06-04-2013, 02:48 AM)Scootaloo Wrote: Well that's just it. If I hadn't had any speedhacks enabled I'd probably be lagging. I just think I needed to find a happy medium in this case.

If you hover your mouse over each speed hack, it will tell you what exactly it does and what the possible side effects are.

Simply put, they are called speed "hacks" for a reason. They give up accuracy in the hopes that they can speed up the game.

As for EE cycle rate and VU cycle steal (and I know I'll get someone posting saying it's not 100% accurate, but basically it is...) they work in concert to make the emulated PS2 run as if underclocked. I could go into detail (and yes, I did know the details, it's just easier to say "it essentially underclocks your PS2" then get really technical on people that usually just want a simple explaination).

Sorry, about all the extra quoted stuff, if I didn't do it, as I said, someone would sweep in and make a big deal over semantics... Obviously emulating a "weaker" version of a PS2 is easier to do, but it has it's draw backs, as you've seen it can cause false FPS readings and slow game behavior.
[Image: 2748844.png]
enable MTVU and that's it. also set software mode at 3 threads and run in software mode. does that make it faster?
(06-04-2013, 03:00 PM)Saiki Wrote: enable MTVU and that's it. also set software mode at 3 threads and run in software mode. does that make it faster?

MTVU is obviously enabled in the screenshots.

but yes, disable the speedhack sliders completely, you do NOT need them at all, nothing is maxing out your CPU.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-04-2013, 03:10 PM)refraction Wrote: MTVU is obviously enabled in the screenshots.

yes, along with everything else
(06-04-2013, 03:12 PM)Saiki Wrote: yes, along with everything else

Then it would have been clearer for you to say "Disable all speedhacks except MTVU", telling him to enable something that is already enabled doesn't imply in the slightest that he should disable the rest ;p

I know you said "and that's it", but that could be compared to saying "and there you go, all fixed" instead of "and nothing else" Tongue

(06-04-2013, 03:14 PM)refraction Wrote: Then it would have been clearer for you to say "Disable all speedhacks except MTVU", telling him to enable something that is already enabled doesn't imply in the slightest that he should disable the rest ;p
If I was thinking better (seeing as it's only 8am here) I might have come up with a better way to say it.. (My brain doesn't work that well first thing in the morning)
(06-04-2013, 03:23 PM)Saiki Wrote: If I was thinking better (seeing as it's only 8am here) I might have come up with a better way to say it.. (My brain doesn't work that well first thing in the morning)

More coffee needed Smile

(06-04-2013, 03:24 PM)refraction Wrote: More coffee needed Smile

I don't drink coffee, (I've had 2 Mountain Dews so far though)