Tekken 5 Problems
Question 
When I start my tekken 5 disc, the screen shows the namco logo and is running at a great fps, then as the logo fades the fps drops to 4, and the sound repeats over and over. (The visible frames arent actually 4, it updates frames every few seconds, because I have my config on skip frames, cuz my comp is bad. Then I get this error:

direct sound warning buffer lock failure you may need to increase Dsdound buffer count

Once I made it into the game but it was to slow to do anything.

I have a dell inspiron 9300 With 1.6 Ghz, 512 Ram, windows xp pro service pack 2, and an Nvidia GeForce Go 6800

thanks for the help, I really want to get ready for tekken 6, and I've already sold my ps2, but haven't sold the games, so i really want to play this on my pc.Sad

Sponsored links

Could this have to do with running off of a disc. Also, are ISO files always .iso or can they be other extensions. What does ISO even mean.
Tekken 5 is one of the most demanding games, and you trying to play with one of the worst system specs i have seen on the forum, is that even a desktop with dual core?
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5
(06-05-2009, 11:27 PM)seinfeldx Wrote: Tekken 5 is one of the most demanding games, and you trying to play with one of the worst system specs i have seen on the forum, is that even a desktop with dual core?

heh heh heh, well you see when I started searching for an emulator, it was because a friend of mine did the same, with some early ps2 games, but he did so on a laptop better than mine, and they ran perfectly. When I thought I would start emulating I just assumed that because the graphics on a ps2 aren't great I should be able to do this on my comp. Brace your self. Its a 1 core laptop using an Intel centrino processor. It seems to run up to the namco fade well, then the fps plummets.

I do in fact have another comp, although I really wanted to have a portable ps2, but the other is:
2.93 Ghz dual core
Vista home premium
3 Ghz Ram
It has an ati 3650

I really don't want to use it but If there is ABSOLUTELY no other option then that is what I'll do.

Also how do I find out how demanding a game is, because the ps2's graphics make them all seem very easy to run.
Tekken4 work good with mine ( 3.0Ghz), Tekken5 from what i have seen on forum it more demanding, so if it is intel Core 2 Duo then it might work at decent/good speed, if it is a AMD it will be slower, dx10 i don't know if tekken5 is one of that games that get a good boost.
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5
Quote:Also how do I find out how demanding a game is, because the ps2's graphics make them all seem very easy to run.
By trying it...just by looking at a game's graphics gives you absolutely no information about how complex the code it is using is,or if it is hitting a bottleneck/bug on the emulator making even simple ps2 code translate to very complicated x86 ('pc') code

Tekken 5 will run at abysmal speeds on a single core setup,even more so if it is a laptop so I guess you really have no choice but to use your desktop machine for it.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-06-2009, 05:56 PM)Bositman Wrote:
Quote:Also how do I find out how demanding a game is, because the ps2's graphics make them all seem very easy to run.
By trying it...just by looking at a game's graphics gives you absolutely no information about how complex the code it is using is,or if it is hitting a bottleneck/bug on the emulator

let me expand on that just a little bit. DragonBallZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 looks graphically simple, it's cell-shaded, but it hits a MAJOR bottleneck in the gpu, even on fast cards, sometimes resulting in a ghost effect which makes the emu work twice as hard, at rendering what it things is there, but actually isn't. the only fix for that game is to lower the already low internal resolution. (just an example)