Tekken 5 not booting properly
(03-27-2009, 12:36 AM)api3d Wrote: Actually, check Native does not work (for me at least). I always use Native res. for this game as doing otherwise causes black stripes to be displayed as well as displaying a fat, black horizontal stripe along the bottom.

important! in tekken5/graphics plugin config/ use d3d internal res for example 720x1280 ,or 900x1440 ,or 1020x1280 ,or 1050x1680 -no vertical lines! remember not 1680x1050 ,only 1050x1680 & only internal res! not screen resolution.

Cool, thanks! That does solve the line problem...but there's still the black border on the bottom that cuts off a portion of the screen there. I wonder what causes that, I get that with Silent Hill Origins and RE Dead Aim.
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.3 ghz. (Sandy Bridge CPU) / Asus P8P67 / 4 Gig Ram / GeForce GTX 660/ Creative X-fi / Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit

Sponsored links

What's is the best config overal for this game? I"m able to run the intro without any prob. but when it comes to the game, it's a big laggy...any help?
my friend is giving me t5 (ntsc) tomorrow, I'll play around with it and see what produces the best results and post them.
Saiki i posted on another thread also. Just play on internal resolution in Tekken5. The graphics look really awesome if you enable ProgressScan from options. I enabled that and Tekken5 works like a charm.

I searched for Tekken4 cheats through pcsx2's internal finder, and to my surprise i learnt the memory locations for different cheats were the same EmuHaste/PHaste. e.g. Stage Modifier memory location was the same. Although I spent hours on finding a successful stage modifier location for Tekken Tag but it wont work. May be it uses IOP memory instead of EE (i dont know many technical details about that , so not sure)

Tekken5 works alot faster in some stages, like the SpaceShip one (which is nicely designed also). So i'm gonna search this evening for its stage modifier values, hope it works. Although its a pain adding the values to pnach patches and making them work. Mine didn't work for me.

Update: After around 2hours of searching, i found the code to choose a background stage of my choice permanently. Get the patch here >> http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-5128-post...l#pid34683
what is your configuration? can u post a pic?
@aznboix,
here are my settings for PCSX2 0.9.6 beta 791.

[Image: tekken5_pcsx2_settings_ninjaoptimus_28mar2k9.gif]
NinjaOptimusyou're awesome!! it works perfectly now! framerate speed is constantly about 90%. Thanks again bro!
@aznboix,
good to hear it works for you now Smile
The pleasure is all mine.

@legend,
you sure you're not running the game directly the off the disk? it used to crash for me the same. Try my settings (from the screenshot above) and try to make an ISO of the game and then run it. Hopefully it'll work.
(03-28-2009, 03:26 AM)NinjaOptimus Wrote: @aznboix,

@legend,
you sure you're not running the game directly the off the disk? it used to crash for me the same. Try my settings (from the screenshot above) and try to make an ISO of the game and then run it. Hopefully it'll work.

Just made an ISO of it and guess what, it works fine. Another case where I have a perfectly fine nrg but Linuz's plugin wants an ISO instead. Smile

But the only question I have for you is how you get the "Progressive" mode to work for you? I turn it on and the screen starts to jitter and cycling between all the "Interlacing" modes doesn't fix it. I wonder how you get it...does it really make it look better?
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.3 ghz. (Sandy Bridge CPU) / Asus P8P67 / 4 Gig Ram / GeForce GTX 660/ Creative X-fi / Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit
(03-28-2009, 06:01 AM)legend Wrote:
(03-28-2009, 03:26 AM)NinjaOptimus Wrote: @aznboix,

@legend,

Just made an ISO of it and guess what, it works fine. Another case where I have a perfectly fine nrg but Linuz's plugin wants an ISO instead. Smile

But the only question I have for you is how you get the "Progressive" mode to work for you? I turn it on and the screen starts to jitter and cycling between all the "Interlacing" modes doesn't fix it. I wonder how you get it...does it really make it look better?
Hope the ISO fixed Tekken 5 for you Smile

Yeah well progressive doubles up the resolution visually like I've moved from 320x240 to 640x480 Tongue
Just try to bob-bff in the video plugin option (check my screenshot above). the screen jitters for me with that bob-bff in the start but when i go to options > display > progressive , the resolution really improves and the jitter is reduced to like 33% or less which is hardly noticable once you're ingame for like 30 seconds.

hope this helps.