Tekken 5 slow downs
ahh hi guys im new here at the forum and i just wanted to ask if any of you guys have problem in running tekken 5 in pcsx2... because i always get the max speed and i even put the vsync on because it has to much speed and i didn't even check the box in disable frame limiter....

soo my problem is even though i get max speed suddenly it slowsdown like sh*t for instance it drops to 18fps to 30fps then it goes back again in the max fps then after a few minutes it drops down again.... does anyone have a solution in this or is it a bug or something

by the way my specs are:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 1898MB RAM
Page File: 2097MB used, 1699MB available
and im using a nvidia GT 540M 2GB

Sponsored links

although you have SB 2.3 GHz is just too low

use VU cycling and recommended speed hacks
tekken series is not good almost-all the laptops since that title is a catastrophic demanding
try run it on a desktop instead thats the only way.

and abdo123 has gave you an advise on it
for my suggestion try also VU cycle stealing at LV-2 and is your power-plan is at "high performance"?
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
yeah i tried to turn my VU cycle stealing at lvl 2 and yes my power plan is high performance...

well im not really having problems in playing it at full speed it just that when i try to play the game after 50min to an hour later it suddenly slows down to 30fps or 18fps for 2-4secs. and i don't like it and is 2.3ghz really low??
now-a-days gaming CPU is now at the 3.0Ghz boundary e.g. ix-2300~2600x models
thus 2.3ghz is indeed slow.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
it should turbo to 2.6 easy on PCSX2+^_^+ if it doesn't (because 2410m can't be OCed by any means) you can use ThrottleStop (google it) to force it to stay in turbo, 2.6-2.75 GHz. although you'll probably only get a few frames out of it, every little bit counts+^_^+
Signature purposefully left blank.
okies i'll try to use that ThrottleStop if it help me ^...,^

edit:
soo when i tried using throttlestop i found out that the temperature was causing the game to slow down for a few secs and it sometimes reaches 90 degress
(03-29-2012, 05:24 AM)ChikTikka Wrote: it should turbo to 2.6 easy on PCSX2+^_^+ if it doesn't (because 2410m can't be OCed by any means) you can use ThrottleStop (google it) to force it to stay in turbo, 2.6-2.75 GHz. although you'll probably only get a few frames out of it, every little bit counts+^_^+

it is dual core how much do you thing it will have turbo boost ! Ohmy
(03-29-2012, 05:23 PM)abdo123 Wrote: it is dual core how much do you thing it will have turbo boost ! Ohmy
it's dual core with 4 logical cores (so MTVU helps sometimes), and i get my i5-2410m steady at 2.647 with occasional hops to 2.8+^_^+ with the right settings i very rarely get slowdowns on my games and my GPU is good enough for 2x res with most games and 3x res with FF-XII, although if you getting steady speeds for close to an hour before it mucks up, it might be your antivirus doing a sweep or you HDD going into power saving mode or some other silly program doing something in the background like that+^_^+
Signature purposefully left blank.
ohhh by the way i run a full version of tuneup utilities 2012 does this affect me?? and yeah i play other games with 3x resolution and with FF-XII i dont get any slowdowns either

by the way what is your configuration in FF-XII?