Tekken 5 with Distorted(Garbage) Graphics on Latest Build
Wildarms is essential because it fixed shaking issue in Progressive Mode in Tekken 5. Wildarms also fix shadow in Soul Calibur 2/3 in Progressive Mode. Wildarms doesn't cause the Distorted Graphics Issue.

Sponsored links

Retested with Interlace and Progressive Mode at Burning Temple and Moonlit Widerness.

Interlace Mode:
[Image: 357q4om.jpg]
[Image: 2j318gy.jpg]
[Image: 2pqnqjc.jpg]

No Distorted(Garbage) Graphics in Interlace Mode

Progressive Mode:
[Image: 2db83v7.jpg]
[Image: szxvl5.jpg]
[Image: fw55w5.jpg]

In Progressive Mode above show Black Rectangle Outline and Blur Image.

Config with Wildarms disabled:
[Image: xe0qs6.jpg]
What happens if you press F5 several times? I wouldn't expect that it solves everything... but who knows.

What are you emulation settings?
All default setting except MTVU enabled.

(07-09-2015, 05:34 PM)willkuer Wrote: What happens if you press F5 several times? I wouldn't expect that it solves everything... but who knows.

What are you emulation settings?
On latest builed: pcsx2-v1.3.1-701-g875be67-windows-x86

[Image: xgmus9.jpg]

(07-08-2015, 08:44 AM)ssakash Wrote: please also provide Emulog and GS dump of the bad rendering scene. Thanks

also, could you reproduce this issue in any older development builds ?

.7z   Tekken 5 Garbage Graphics.7z (Size: 6,04 MB / Downloads: 245)
Screenshot with openGL/half offset hack/round hack/align hack.

Hum there are several issue in the rendering
First color is wrong, it miss a blue overlay. Check my picture, you can see the top-left corner is correct. The bug is due to a texture cache limitation. I think it also partially explain the big rectangle effect.

The small rectangle effect is likely due to poor rounding of coordinate. I think Half offset hack improve it a bit (and seem to help on the ghosting effect too)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

OpenGL mode seem appear nicer then DirectX on Windows.

Why is texture cache limitation affecting the distorted graphics ?

(07-13-2015, 01:41 PM)gregory Wrote: Screenshot with openGL/half offset hack/round hack/align hack.

Hum there are several issue in the rendering
First color is wrong, it miss a blue overlay. Check my picture, you can see the top-left corner is correct. The bug is due to a texture cache limitation. I think it also partially explain the big rectangle effect.

The small rectangle effect is likely due to poor rounding of coordinate. I think Half offset hack improve it a bit (and seem to help on the ghosting effect too)
Texture cache only support a full screen RT. The game uses lots of "small" RT. The big rectangle. It seem there is some issue in the border of all those RTs.
Is there workaround to fix this issue ?

(07-13-2015, 10:52 PM)gregory Wrote: Texture cache only support a full screen RT. The game uses lots of "small" RT. The big rectangle. It seem there is some issue in the border of all those RTs.
Using the latest OpenGL plugin with Tekken 5 (USA), I noticed the following:

- HW OGL depth enabled causes a HUGE slowdown ingame (to a crawl, like 4fps). So it can't be activated when playing this game.
- Half pixel offset hack causes glitches ingame; stretched out weird stuff. I had it set to enabled (for soul calibur 3 - which need it), but it really needs to be off playing Tekken 5.

CRC hacks set to partial, with round & allign sprite + all "accurate hardware mode settings" = fine and works beautifully full speed.