Tekken 5 works slowly
(08-11-2010, 09:02 PM)petepiate Wrote: I have this game aswell...Keep in mind that Tekken 5 is a video card dependant game as far as framerate goes. Cpu speed doesnt matter much for this game..

On that note, I have a HD4850 video card which is not state of the art by any means, but it is alot faster than your card [4850 is slightly faster than a GTX 260].

In Tekken 5 on some stages I get 47-51fps, and my card is overclocked. So if I have framerate issues on a more powerful card you will get them to [30fps for your card@1024x1024 sounds about right]. I do run my internal resolution at 1100x1100 for this game though. That resolution removes the black stripes. If I were you I would try any even number resolution to fix the black stripe issue. And I would start with 1100x1100 and work your way down until you find a framerate you are comfortable with.

1000x1000 should work, 900x900 etc. 800x800 or 700x700 would likely give you a decent framerate on your video card. Also keep in mind that on a few stages [only 1 or 2] that with these resolutions you will still see a odd looking bar to the left of your character...But its not really noticable and its not black. If anyone knows of a fix for that then post it.

If you are still not happy with your framerate, I would look into buying a new card. The GT 240 was never considered a fast card compared to other offerings when it came out...It wont give you a great framerate in pcsx2 with a decent internal res [on video card heavy games]. And newer games its not that great either. Your Cpu is good though as is your ram...You could overclock your cpu to 4ghz pretty easy for a very fast cpu. But yea your video card is holding your system back 100%. Replace that with something decent and your system will run pcsx2 without a prob and newer games would run great aswell.

so what do you recommend doing if I wount replace my GT 240?
well?

Sponsored links

For a midrange card [$200] I would get a Geforce GTX 460...They are the best bang for the buck atm. If you are willing to spend more then it really depends on what you want. A 5850 card is probably the best value in the $300 range, but you could also buy 2 for SLI/Crossfire etc...So it really depends on what you are willing to spend. Myself I would just buy the $200 Gtx 460 then put the GT 240 on Ebay or Amazon to help recoup the cost, and later on buy an additional Gtx460 for SLI if you ever feel you need more speed. But a single 460 would not dissapoint you and would run most games maxed out without a problem.

Here is a list of the top cards atm, its a month old but its still up to date...Techspot's reccomendation for cards is usually spot on.
http://www.techspot.com/guides/304-top-m...ics-cards/
(08-11-2010, 09:27 PM)Cyphox Wrote:
(08-11-2010, 09:02 PM)petepiate Wrote: I do run my internal resolution at 1100x1100 for this game though. That resolution removes the black stripes. If I were you I would try any even number resolution to fix the black stripe issue. And I would start with 1100x1100 and work your way down until you find a framerate you are comfortable with.

hell yeah, fiddled around a bit, its the horizontal resolution whats causing the stripes. playing now at 1200x1600 internal res, looks awesome and NO STRIPES. Blink

thank you, sir!

Yea the game is wierd with the resolution, I got it working on several other settings to but i forget the exact ones. I just know Even H rez and Even V rez almost always works [I was to lazy to try 1200x1600 and other settings Laugh but good to know that one works].

I think Soul Calibur also has this rez issue btw, been awhile since I played that.
(08-12-2010, 02:38 AM)petepiate Wrote: For a midrange card [$200] I would get a Geforce GTX 460...They are the best bang for the buck atm. If you are willing to spend more then it really depends on what you want. A 5850 card is probably the best value in the $300 range, but you could also buy 2 for SLI/Crossfire etc...So it really depends on what you are willing to spend. Myself I would just buy the $200 Gtx 460 then put the GT 240 on Ebay or Amazon to help recoup the cost, and later on buy an additional Gtx460 for SLI if you ever feel you need more speed. But a single 460 would not dissapoint you and would run most games maxed out without a problem.

Here is a list of the top cards atm, its a month old but its still up to date...Techspot's reccomendation for cards is usually spot on.
http://www.techspot.com/guides/304-top-m...ics-cards/

I understand but what can I do besides changing my video card?
Quote:I understand but what can I do besides changing my video card?

playing it with your PS2, I guess.
I think we ran out of ideas.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
what about drivers, opella? are all of your system drivers up to date? at least chipset, vga and directx?

i don't think it's the graphic card, the gt240 is about as fast as a 9600gt or an old 8800gts 640. that's not THAT bad. imho.
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps
(08-12-2010, 09:25 AM)Cyphox Wrote: what about drivers, opella? are all of your system drivers up to date? at least chipset, vga and directx?

i don't think it's the graphic card, the gt240 is about as fast as a 9600gt or an old 8800gts 640. that's not THAT bad. imho.

I just updated my video card from the nvidia site and ran the program "driver scanner" by uniblue and all my drivers are up to date.

listen, if I look at the seconds counter on the top of the screen and I count seconds my self I actualy KNOW that the counter is gowing about 50-33% of real seconds... is there any way to just make the game go faster?
vu cycle steal speedhack may help, maybe...
at least if you set it to level 2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
so you checked your drivers, what about directx?

download the webinstaller and run it.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...6652cd92a3
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps
(08-12-2010, 10:05 AM)jesalvein Wrote: vu cycle steal speedhack may help, maybe...
at least if you set it to level 2

(08-12-2010, 11:17 AM)Cyphox Wrote: so you checked your drivers, what about directx?

download the webinstaller and run it.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...6652cd92a3

A. it didn't help... any other ideas?

B. I downloaded it and it said that I have a newer version... any other ideas?