Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tell me a good Intel Quad CPU
So i wondering whats a really good Intel Quad cpu(cheap) and its easy to overclock
And i was thinking of buying 1066Mhz DDR2 but is there any point for me to buy it when i got 800mhz DDR2?

Sponsored links

Core 2 Quad Q6600 is a nice little chip, can get them cheap compared to most other quads at the moment. Yes it is handy having that memeory as that will buy you overclocking headroom without having to slow the memory down too much.
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
Q6600 is the easiest to overclock, but runs hot easily. The 45nm quads are less as easy to overclock, but also runs less as hot. Since you said "cheap" and "easy to overclock", I'd say go with the Q6600.
If your 800MHz RAM is decent and are fitted with heat spreader. You can easily overclock them to 1000MHz. Besides, you're not really missing anything with 800MHz RAM, unless you care about that 1% performance boost from the 1066Mhz.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
Yeah like they said, I heard it gets way too hot.
i haz q6600, it does indeed get hot, but its 4 cpu's lol its no suprise. OC'd, ive seen it do 3.6-3.8 with zalman cooler, personally i have a ninja scythe cooler which was an extra ...30$ tops. q6600 is best deal if you can OC, i have a crappy intel board which hates ocing Tongue Very happy wit it tho. cept for crysis performance lol.
[Image: Kain243.jpg]
45 NM less easy to overclock? are you kidding? i am undervolting my cpu to 1.232v and i'm sitting at 4.0 GHZ

[Image: elite2y.jpg]
q9550 @ 4.0 GHZ
I got me a Q6700 for like 20 more than a Q6600. It starts a little higher at 2.66Ghz vs2.4 but I think they overclock to near the same level so the Q6700 in fact has less headroom for the cost.
Q6600 is a good choice. Mine was cheap and coupled with a $20 heatsink/fan I easily overclocked it from 2.4 to 3.4 GHz, and can go higher if necessary. "Ease" of overclocking really depends on your motherboard, though.
///Intel Q6600 @ 3.4GHz OC'd ~Xigmatek HDT-S1283 HS/F~Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB~Corsair 2x1GB 1066 DDR2RAM~Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit\\\
Intel socket motherboards are pretty horridly overpriced though from what I remember paying for a good board a few years back.
@kalmari92
Notice how your multiplier is maxed out at 8.5? The Q6600 max out at 9.0. That's what I meant by easier to overclock a Q6600. To get to 4GHz, the bus speed just needs to be 444MHz, as opposed to your 471MHz.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!