Terrible performance on Ubuntu 14.04 64 bits
(08-06-2014, 10:43 AM)aerisarn Wrote: I do report good performances on ubuntu 14.04 x64, needs a bit of configuration though:

1) Disable any CPU thermal instructions from bios (yes, please, don't put my 4+ Ghz cpu on 800 Mhz because it reached 45°C)
2) Use proprietary drivers
3) Set your graphic card to maximum performances (after about 5 minutes my gc used to take a coffee break, you need to add a line to xorg.conf to make the setting permanent)
4) Set SPU-X to Async to make it work nicely with pulseaudio

after that i run @60fps almost on anything, apart from well known bugs like the infamous GT4 sunshine which makes me drop to 33 fps. I completed a couple of games (FFX, FFX-2, WE10) without issues

dont know how to set my graphics to maximum but i assume it is, i did the rest and still no luck, it just weird

Sponsored links

I upgrade pcsx2 version to 1.3.0 and that seemed to work well, now bully and residente vil are playable at more or lesss 48-50 fps average, Budokai tenkaichi just saw a 5fps increase so i will asume the iso is corrupted or something

Still i see that one of my cores its always on 100% when playing on pcsx2 while the others are not, so i will asuime its just uisng 1 or 2 cores dont know if it is supposed to work that way
Enable MTVU Multithreaded into speedhacks to fully use your cores
(08-07-2014, 04:26 PM)aerisarn Wrote: Enable MTVU Multithreaded into speedhacks to fully use your cores
so now i have a weird bug, everytime i check the MTVU on, and close the window, when opened again is uncheked, like i done nothing, actually any changes i make are just ignored