Terrible performance on Ubuntu 14.04 64 bits
Im running Ubuntu 14.04 and installed pcsx2 with the noobslad ppa its seems to be the version 1.1.0.0
My PC specs:

CPU:AMD FX 8350
GPU:R9 270
4gb RAM

I know AMD sucks at emulation but cmon i can open two games in dolphin emulator at the same time both with a solid 60fps

in PCSX2 i tried Bully iso and the menus run fine, but in the gameplay it runs kind of laggy, to very laggy, then i Tried DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and it was a disaster, mensu fine but when gameplay it runs very slow with graphics errors and only achives 20-30 fps its unplayable!!

Any advice please help me, thanks

Sponsored links

have you tried speedhacks?
Use the latest Catalyst drivers the AMD site. They perform much stronger than mesa.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

i installed latest 14.6 Catalyst drivers, and now Budokai dont have graphiic isues but is still damn laggy, still unplayable

No i havnt tried hackspeeds, dont know how to
Overclock your cpu.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

If that AMD CPU is running at stock that is your issue. You need to overclock to about 4.4ghz+ to even stand up agasint intel ivybridge cpus at stock. That is how much AMD sucks for PCSX2 Overclocking is the only thing you can do to speed things up.
The 8350 is 4.0 at stock, and it's the same single thread performance as my 6300. My 6300 ran many games at full speed at around 4.0Ghz. This was on Windows, though.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(07-30-2014, 01:59 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: The 8350 is 4.0 at stock, and it's the same single thread performance as my 6300. My 6300 ran many games at full speed at around 4.0Ghz. This was on Windows, though.
yeah maybe iw ill try on windows and see how it works, becouse i dont want to overclock in a time
I do report good performances on ubuntu 14.04 x64, needs a bit of configuration though:

1) Disable any CPU thermal instructions from bios (yes, please, don't put my 4+ Ghz cpu on 800 Mhz because it reached 45°C)
2) Use proprietary drivers
3) Set your graphic card to maximum performances (after about 5 minutes my gc used to take a coffee break, you need to add a line to xorg.conf to make the setting permanent)
4) Set SPU-X to Async to make it work nicely with pulseaudio

after that i run @60fps almost on anything, apart from well known bugs like the infamous GT4 sunshine which makes me drop to 33 fps. I completed a couple of games (FFX, FFX-2, WE10) without issues
I would just try speedhacks - it would be the simplest solution. Go to emulation settings -> speedhack and tick all recommended tickboxes including mtvu.