Test Drive Eve of Destruction
So I posted this very bad graphical bug in the bug tracker on google code. I have gotten some feedback on some possible ways to fix this but its still going on regardless. Basically Test Drive Eve of Destruction seems like its way past that hang while trying to get in game. I saw a very old bug report on it but it seems its fixed. Now the new issue is a bad graphical bug when getting into career mode. Once you are in you will start to see parts of the world and things around you start to look like this:

[Image: testdrive2.jpg]
[Image: testdrive1.jpg]

I can post more pics if needed and I was told by ramapcsx2 that it has to do with "GSdx texture cache shortcomings" He or she stated that changing to software rendering would fix it but I did not see any change (barely). I switched from DX9 to DX11 software rendering but still nothing.

Sponsored links

Any fix on this game yet? I'd really like to play this with my Formula Force Wheel on my PC. This was my favorite game on the PS2.
use software mode and try changing the VU0 to use SuperVU 0 instead of mvu
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(09-08-2011, 03:55 PM)refraction Wrote: use software mode and try changing the VU0 to use SuperVU 0 instead of mvu

That helped fix the intro but the game is still messed up. See the attachment.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

lol, thats look like mad max xD, maybe in the future they can fix this game
EE Timing fix, sorry Tongue Also you might want to update to the latest version of PCSX2.

By the way, i dont know if it was in that version, but there is a gamefix for the test drive games called "VIF1 FIFO Simulate Read Ahead" or something, which helps if its loading slowly btw.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(09-09-2011, 10:11 AM)refraction Wrote: EE Timing fix, sorry Tongue Also you might want to update to the latest version of PCSX2.

By the way, i dont know if it was in that version, but there is a gamefix for the test drive games called "VIF1 FIFO Simulate Read Ahead" or something, which helps if its loading slowly btw.

The EE Timing fix was the first thing I tried but that didn't help. I'm using the latest version 0.9.8. I have a clean install of Windows 7 64bit with latest drivers and updates. My video card is Geforce 8600GTM.

I also tried on another system with different specs (Vista 32bit and ATI HD 5750) and still glitches, infact it sometimes crashes at the menu.

I'm curious if anyone has been successful getting this game to work?
So it looks like the latest version of PCSX2 1.0 now plays TDEOD, but it's slow on my laptop "Core 2 2.2Ghz with Geforce 8700". Also, I noticed some shading issues in the background. Anyone have any tweaks to make this game work better?
If bug with shadows still actual, it can be fixed chosing ZeroGS graphics plugin with TexAlphaHack (00000008) adv. option. I hope that something similar will realized in mainstream GSdx plugin