[Testers Wanted] PCSX2-CE for OS X (v1.0!)
also here is an image of about everything in package contents and the log when PCXS2 is open, if anything is wrong please tell me
[Image: screen_shot_2014_03_30_at_2_00_46_pm_by_...7c9uu4.png]

Sponsored links

I cannot say how thankful i'm!!! I stopped playing because i was changing to mac. Now i can play again, yayy!!!!

I tested it with persona 3, and it works really well. Thank you very much!
tested with Final Fantasy 12 on hackintosh 10.8.4 works good so far!
Good evening,

First I want to thank you for all the work and effort you put on this port for mac, we need more people like you !

I just have a little question, maybe someone here can help me: why do I have no sound ?
I'm able to launch an ISO (or just the bios, without any iso or CD) with pcsx2-ce only if the SPU2-X (r5893 or r5324) plugin is on "Emulate Only" (Option 0 - No Sound, emulate SPU2 only).
I tried every single setting, XAudio 2, DirectSound, WaveOut, Portaudio… I tried to play a bit with mixing settings too.

Each time I try to start the emulation with SPU2-X active, I got a wine error saying that the program has encountered a serious problem and needs to close.
It seems that I'm the only one here to have this problem but I can't figure out why. I'm trying to fix this since 5 days now hahaha Blush
Otherwise PCSX2-CE is working well for me (40/60fps) without sound.

My config:
Macbook pro retina, Intel quad-core i7-3615QM @2.30GHz
16Go DDR3 1600MHz
SSD 256Go
OSX 10.8.5

PCSX2 1.0.0 r5350 (also tried with pcsx2 r5932)
GSdx32-AVX-r5899
LilyPad r5350
SPU2-X r5893/r5324
CdvdGigaherz r4488
USBnull Driver 0.7.0
FWnull Driver 0.7.0
DEV9null Driver 0.5.0

If you need something else, tell me Smile

P.s.: sorry for my bad english...
all of this seems so amazing. but there must be something I'm missing once againSad

iv been trying to get this for so long now, I'm hoping you can help shah. iv come close on an older version of this psx2. and can get games loaded but they just don't run fully. ff10 always freezes after first scene with sin, and dragon ball z games and way of the samurai gets so laggy and choppy , and dbz won't even load the characters. but in the menu its fine. I'm assuming its something to do with the settings. but its hard to keep trying random things when iv been trying for so longSad

now this comes along and i get so excited.. but still nothing. whenever i run a game the screen comes up really fast and then just goes away. I'm on a new mac and I'm assuming theres something iv missed in your steps.
I'm thinking maybe its the 3 things i have to down lode from wineskin? the msxm13 and the other 2 . I'm not sure though .
shah please helpSad sorry for the rant , but i need to get this working.
please help.. i don't think i missed anything, except for downloading the 3 things from wineskin , only one brought me to a site where i had to down lode something. but i feel I'm so close, when i start a game the screen comes up for a second and then just goes anything.
please helpSad shah i need this psx2 !
what steps did you take? I'm on a new mac .
(04-29-2014, 05:25 PM)chaytor Wrote: what steps did you take? I'm on a new mac .

anyway to teach you patience and make you stop spamming the forums ?

thanks by advance
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
15-inch MBP, early 2011
2 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6490M 256 MB
OS X 10.8.5 (12F45)

i made this acct just because i wanted to say THANK YOUUU!!!!!!! i had all but given up on running anything but psp games on my MBP and this works like a charm as long as you tell it to use the default mac video drivers (without that option checked i was just getting a black screen and audio). playing both ffx and ffx-2 (japanese language international versions) and getting really decent framerate as long as theres not a huge summon or something going on, even the dress sphere changes are very fluid and clean. there is definitely some weird audio stuff going on, little bit of distortion here and there, voices skipping/repeating for fractions of a second, but seriously, who cares when its finally ACTUALLY working? AMAZING!! i have a few more games, like the armored core series and some others, that i'll test soon, and if i run into any issues i'll be sure to post them here. now back to final fantasy omg no words to express the gratitude
Hello Smile

I started doing all the steps described, but when it comes to install the "vcrun2010" thing, an error window pop up:

Is it mandatory to make the whole thing work ? I don't want to risk continuing the procedure with that error.

Thank you for your answer !
Hey there.
Right now, I'm at the step where I'm supposed to run the 3 elements in Wine, but I'm having a little trouble. When I prompt vcrun2010 and d3dx9_36 to run, they will do so just fine. However, I've been sitting here with msxml3 for over a half hour now and it just seems to be stalling out. Is msxml3 suppose to take this long to finish or is something else up?
Hey I have done all of the instructions but when I try running a game the application just shuts done. What do I do?