[Testers Wanted] PCSX2-CE for OS X (v1.0!)
Thumbs Down 
(01-30-2014, 01:19 AM)soup Wrote: Just posting to thank ConsoleEmu for the hard work - followed the tutorial (http://consoleemu.com/tutorials/install-pcsx2-mac) and got everything up and running but the GSdx video plugin - starting a game with that plugin enabled just causes PCSX2 to crash. ZeroGS however, seems to work fine (needed to disable bilinear filtering though - choppy sound - pretty sure that's simply because my 2011 MBA is a little slow for this).

When GSdx was enabled (as it was by default) attempting to access the plugin settings would also cause PCSX2 to crash so I'm leaning toward something being misconfigured or missing on my end. What, I don't know, I'm new to this. Wink

In any case, I'll tinker a bit but if you've got any suggestions or would like me to try anything out, let me know! Thanks again!

Edit: reading back through the thread, I enabled the Mac driver option in for Wineskin rather than the X11 driver and GSdx now works!

Thank you sir, for saving me.

Sponsored links

ConsoleEmu, I think it's time to do a version 1.1 of your PCSX-CE

There have been lots of enhancements recently, but the biggest one I've just noticed recently. Winetricks can now install vcrun2013.

As you probably know, new builds of PCSX2 have required mscvr120 and mscvp120, but Wine didn't support them. Well, it does now.

Add to that the fact that X-quartz and the Nvidia toolkit are completely unnecessary now, I've made a build that is just 260MB (including bios). This is way down from version 1.0 (I think it was about 600+MB)

I'd also recommend only including the GSDX, SPU2-X and lily pad plugins to reduce confusion among the non-tech savvy, and also including the ini file with the plugin setups (eg. Using portaudio)

I made a new version by following these steps:

1:create a new wrapper with Wineskin Winery (don't include optional installs). I used wine version 1.7.24)
2: turn on the mac driver
3: update Winetricks (you have to do this or vcrun 2013 doesn't show up)
4: use Winetricks to install d3dx9_36, msxml3 and vcrun 2013.
5: copy a new build of PCSX2 to the program's folder ( I used Orpheus build 541) with bios
6: It should run now.
7: adjust the plugin settings appropriately (like using portaudio, etc)
(08-29-2014, 05:36 AM)MacUser Wrote: ConsoleEmu, I think it's time to do a version 1.1 of your PCSX-CE

There have been lots of enhancements recently, but the biggest one I've just noticed recently. Winetricks can now install vcrun2013.

As you probably know, new builds of PCSX2 have required mscvr120 and mscvp120, but Wine didn't support them. Well, it does now.

Add to that the fact that X-quartz and the Nvidia toolkit are completely unnecessary now, I've made a build that is just 260MB (including bios). This is way down from version 1.0 (I think it was about 600+MB)

I'd also recommend only including the GSDX, SPU2-X and lily pad plugins to reduce confusion among the non-tech savvy, and also including the ini file with the plugin setups (eg. Using portaudio)

I made a new version by following these steps:

1:create a new wrapper with Wineskin Winery (don't include optional installs). I used wine version 1.7.24)
2: turn on the mac driver
3: update Winetricks (you have to do this or vcrun 2013 doesn't show up)
4: use Winetricks to install d3dx9_36, msxml3 and vcrun 2013.
5: copy a new build of PCSX2 to the program's folder ( I used Orpheus build 541) with bios
6: It should run now.
7: adjust the plugin settings appropriately (like using portaudio, etc)

Nice of you.
please don't share it as it would be illegal, though.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-29-2014, 06:54 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Nice of you.
please don't share it as it would be illegal, though.

Had no intention of sharing bios (or even creating anything to download).
I am also aware that ConsoleEmu specifically didn't add the Winetricks downloads to his package for copyright reasons.

Only suggesting that he update his original post and download to reflect recent advancements.
(08-30-2014, 12:42 AM)MacUser Wrote: Had no intention of sharing bios (or even creating anything to download).
I am also aware that ConsoleEmu specifically didn't add the Winetricks downloads to his package for copyright reasons.

Only suggesting that he update his original post and download to reflect recent advancements.

Now that I've got my MacBook back, I'm working on an updated build. It'll be easy to include a .command file to execute the winetricks commands, which I think will be the best option.

Have you been able to get any GS plugins other than Zero working? That's the only one I've been able to get to run using recently a nightly (019979).
everything works up to where it says use winetricks to install vcrun2010, which wineskin aborts the hell out of there with a massive excuse-log... tried ignoring, but when it comes to launching the iso the window booting it up summons dies almost instantly...
(08-25-2014, 04:04 AM)Th3SmartAlec Wrote: Thank you sir, for saving me.

I second that
(08-30-2014, 04:40 AM)ConsoleEmu Wrote: Now that I've got my MacBook back, I'm working on an updated build. It'll be easy to include a .command file to execute the winetricks commands, which I think will be the best option.

Have you been able to get any GS plugins other than Zero working? That's the only one I've been able to get to run using recently a nightly (019979).

Absolutely! GSdx works right out of the box.

---Edit---
If you can't get GSdx working with a recent build, it occurs to me you might not have vcrun 2013 installed. Recent builds require it. Update winetricks first in order to show it (it's not available without updating).
/Edit

I believe your mac is a 2009 MBP, right? So you should be using the GSDX SSE 4.1 plugin. I wrote about it before:

Quote:For GSdx:
- Which Version of GSdx should you use? There are 3 choices depending on your Mac. Select the latest one that your Mac can support (AVX is best).
SSE2 is the minimum, and is supported in every Intel Mac.
SSE4.1 is supported in every Mac since Penryn (Core 2 Duos from maybe late 2007/early 2008).
AVX is supported by every Mac since Sandy Bridge (2011)
Check your own hardware and select the appropriate one.
- When you start PCSX for the first time it should give you the GSdx configuration options. It automatically selects DirectX3D (Hardware). Change this to DirectX3D9 (Software). If you miss this step you can change it any time in the configuration options.

If you are creating a download for newbies, AVX should be selected by default, but include SSE4.1 (and maybe SSE2). There is no need for other GS plugins, as they would just confuse matters.

You can easily see which your mac supports from the console log when you open PCSX. See the screenshot below where it shows what my mac mini supports.

I would also recommend changing the GSdx plugin settings to software mode. It has slightly less bugs and slowdowns than hardware mode. Newbies can change it themselves later if they want. Personally, I use HW mode at 2x resolution (depending on the game. My mac is too slow for a lot of later games)

For Lilypad, maybe you can consider including the .ini file with a gamepad already set up? I found it awkward, confusing and time consuming to set up my gamepad the first time. Now, this is only personal preference and speculation, but which gamepad would be best? Since gamers are likely to have a last gen console, the PS3 dualshock has built-in drivers in OSX, and of course this is a Playstation emulator, it seems appropriate to have the setup for a PS3 Dualshock already configured for Lilypad. (dual shock needs to be connected before PCSX2 launches or else it won't be detected).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I just tried installing vc2010 from the tutorial and get an error pop up! Managed to save it so here it is...
Also installed the other 2 things that are needed to get it working!! lol

Mac specs are same as my sig!! lol

Attached Files
.txt   backtrace.txt (Size: 3,45 KB / Downloads: 190)
Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2012
Processor: 2.3GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16GB 1600MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD 4000 1GB + NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512MB
(09-01-2014, 02:21 AM)MacUser Wrote: Absolutely! GSdx works right out of the box.

My MPB is showing its age, it seems. I did have vcrun2013 installed, but no matter my settings, I can't get the GSdx plugins to work with Wineskin's built-in X11. Is that what you're using? It seems to me that you were. Using the system-installed XQuartz is working for me, but the framerates are pretty rough (not that I can expect much with my machine).

After some more testing, it looks like the framerates are pretty much the same for me using the built-in vs system X11. Can anyone else confirm this?