[Testers Wanted] PCSX2-CE for OS X (v1.0!)
Okay so I've installed this an the only graphics card that will work for me is the ZeroGS. All of the GSdx cards don't work. And that one only runs 40fps in gameplay and is super high contrast. Any suggestions?

Edit:
Also when I try to go to configure any of the graphics cards I get the "This program has encountered a serious error and needs to close"

Sponsored links

guys I've wrapped up a PCSX2 wineskin bundle to 68MB, I've tested God Of War and it works perfectly.
*snip* heres my youtube link of it working and tutorial. do check it out.
My upload on here was removed as i had bios files. and they gave me a warning rating too.
either way i hope this helps everyone Smile
(10-19-2014, 08:33 AM)MrExceptionist Wrote: guys I've wrapped up a PCSX2 wineskin bundle to 68MB, I've tested God Of War and it works perfectly.
*snip* heres my youtube link of it working and tutorial. do check it out.
My upload on here was removed as i had bios files. and they gave me a warning rating too.
either way i hope this helps everyone Smile

and you really think a link to a yourube video containing pirated materials will be better ?
come on ...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Quote:and you really think a link to a yourube video containing pirated materials will be better ?
come on ...

one, i own a PS2, two people could actually play PCSX2 easier this way cause its a 68mb bundle instead of the rather huge CE version. Yup the way you see it i believe *snip* should be taken down as well. Mate i think if you are website moderator or admin of this website you should maybe be a little more nicer to people.
(10-19-2014, 11:04 AM)MrExceptionist Wrote: one, i own a PS2,
your package contains 4 bioses. means you are illegally using 3 of them.
Quote: two people could actually play PCSX2 easier this way cause its a 68mb bundle instead of the rather huge CE version.
I didn't say you idea was bad. But the package you delivered is illegal, and against our forum rules.
Quote: Yup the way you see it i believe *snip* should be taken down as well.
We don't run those sites, they do whatever they want, it's none of our business.
Same with you : you do whatever you want, even illegal things as long as you stay away from our forums if you want to do so.
Quote:Mate i think if you are website moderator or admin of this website you should maybe be a little more nicer to people.
I can be. As long as everything complies to the rules YOU agreed when registering here.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Great work all. I got the beta (pcsx2ce-1.2.1-565) working, except I usually don't get much more than 40fps during gameplay trying Sly Cooper 1. Is this expected? I can turn on Turbo mode and skip frames to get a better fps, but that looks pretty horrible.

I notice that during gameplay it's only using about 22-28% of my total CPU (with Direct3D9 Software). Is that expected? Since we're using D3D Software mode, can Wine or pcsx2 use more CPU to help fps?

UPDATE: Also, I played around with a ton of settings, and it looks like turning "VU Cycle Stealing" up all the way to 3 got me to 60fps (and 80fps in Turbo mode) with no visual issues so far! Possibly this is just for this specific game, but thought I'd throw it out there for comments since it says this setting is not recommended. (CPU stayed about the same. )

Other ideas?

--------------------------------------------------
MacBook Pro Retina, Mid 2012
Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
VU cycle stealing can and will fake wrong fps readings. Maybe the framerate is just the same as without the slider but the counter shows higher values.

22-28% of your cpu sounds like you have a quad-core and you only use one thread. Enable all recommended speedhacks and use more extra rendering threads in gsdx plugin settings.

Edit: Now I saw you signature.. Your i7 supposed to have 4 cores. Set extra rendering threads to 3 accordingly.
THanks. willkuer.. so, i'm not sure if the fps is lying or not, but i definitely got much faster results with VU cycle stealing set 3, to where things are playable. anything below 3 and it's not playable.

Also, i previously set extra rendering threads up, and anything above 0 slows everything to a halt. So i leave that at 0.

By the way, watching in Activity Monitor, it shows 8 "CPU's" (not sure if these are 4 dual cores).. And when playing, i see 4 of the 8 CPU's in use (every other one though).. the other 4 (every other one) are idle. Not sure if that helps.

So I guess for now, this is working fine since I can play in Software mode at good FPS when VU cycle stealing is 3.

Can't wait to get some hardware modes since even 2x looks great (but slows to a crawl). Why can't we do scaling in software mode? Smile

Here are my settings:
- Enable Speedhacks: yes
- EE Cyclerate: 1
- Enable INTC Spin Detection: yes
- Enable Wait Loop Detection: yes
- Enable fast CDVD: no
- VU Cycle Stealing: 3 (slows to a halt anything less)
- mVU Flag Hack: yes
- MTVU: no

GS Window:
- Aspect Ratio: Standard 4:3 , 640x480, 100%

GS:
- Disable Framelimiting: no (100%, 50%, 200%)
- Use Synchronized MTGS: No
- Frame Skipping: Disabled

GS Settings:
- Adapter: Intel® Ivybridge Mobile
- Renderer: Direct3D9 (Software)
- Interlacing: Auto
- Extra rendering threads: 0 (anything higher slows to crawl - 3 goes up to 35% CPU)
- everything else unchecked

GS plugin: GSdx 20140906010132 (MSVC 18.00, AVX) 0.1.16 [GSdx32-AVX]

--------------------------------------------------
MacBook Pro Retina, Mid 2012
Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Quick question about software rendering modes...

Is using the DX9 software mode any better than using the SDL 1.3 plugin?
Hey ConsoleEmu,

This new beta PCSX2-CE is the bomb. I've gotten all the WWE games which are quite demanding to run at 60 fps and above. Although, it does drop to 45 fps during cutscenes, but what can I expect, my MacBook Pro is a mid-2010 version. So these results are great. I just tinkered around with some settings and the games run smoothly. There is one problem though. When I open the game and I click 'Run Game' (Fast), the game in the beginning rises up to 1000 fps and then, PCSX2-CE gives me an error. It says, "We have encountered a serious error" or something like that. I turned all the settings back to the original settings, but the same happens. When I click "Run Game (Full)", the game runs perfectly. Anyway I can fix this problem?