[Testers Wanted] PCSX2-CE for OS X (v1.0!)
(05-12-2015, 01:53 PM)wtippetts Wrote: How do you do that?

On the main window go into config, then plugin/BIOS selector (3rd from the top). It will produce a new window that lets you select the plugins to use, in this case try changing the gs plugin to something different, since gsdx isn't natively supported on OSX only some gsdx plugins will work thanks to the wine wrapper using the mac drivers. with the gsdx plugin you can clikc on configure and it will allow you to customize the settings used, including going into software or hardware mode. Not sure if it always works with this wrapper but F9 toggles between hardware and software mode normally if you don't want to go through menus.

Sponsored links

Signed up to this website just to say thanks ConsoleEmu. I'm broke-ish and not very tech savvy, but was able to get games up and running at pretty decent speeds on a 2008 iMac.

Just curious, is zzogl the best video plugin to use, or is it kind of a one size doesn't fit all situation? Also, the only issue I have is the fpr dropping to 30, sometimes as low as 17, during cutscenes. Is that inevitable given my computer's age or is there something I can do to fix that? I use Preset 3, and generally get 56fps during gameplay.

Again, thanks!!
Actually can someone help me get the zzogl plugin for PCSX2-CE? I didn't have a problem getting it for the regular pcsx2, but I can't seem to find a dll for the CE version.

The one on the regular pcsx2 is an .so file and I'm looking for a .dll file, right? Where am I going wrong?
I've got it working, and seems to run pretty well!

I do have a problem in that my UI% is pretty high (the other two values are both at 0% which I understand is good), and I believe it's causing slowdown. I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, and I'm wondering if this is a problem that could be resolved with configuration, or if its specific to the game/my hardware and isn't worth pursuing further.
All right, OSX 10.11 announcement tomorrow, let's hope they decide to implement OpenGL 4.5... If so, we get GSDX OpenGL Hardware mode :-)
Heya! So I just installed this and got it up and running! I was using version 0.9.6 before this which was running pretty well for me besides a few flaws.
So, I'm playing FFXII and this version seems to be doing ok though there are a couple problems I was wondering if there's a solution to? The fps is kind of slow, it stays around 35-40 during gameplay which doesn't make it unplayable but I'd like to get it faster. It goes down to 20 or so during cut-scenes (though the opening scenes ran quite well). I tried playing with the speed-hacks but it doesn't change much. Is there another setting or plugin I can try?
Another issue which kind of bothers me is I can see everything through walls. I can see the other characters, monsters, lights and chests clearly through every wall. I didn't get this issue on the older version so I don't think it's my iso.
And one more question, I have a memcard file with my save on it from the older version and I was wondering how exactly do I get it to work with this version? Is there a special way I need to do it? I'm not very tech savvy so if someone doesn't mind explaining it to me I'd be quite grateful!
Thanks for your help and thanks console emu for setting this up!
(06-10-2015, 06:34 AM)dolphinwing Wrote: Heya! So I just installed this and got it up and running! I was using version 0.9.6 before this which was running pretty well for me besides a few flaws.
So, I'm playing FFXII and this version seems to be doing ok though there are a couple problems I was wondering if there's a solution to? The fps is kind of slow, it stays around 35-40 during gameplay which doesn't make it unplayable but I'd like to get it faster. It goes down to 20 or so during cut-scenes (though the opening scenes ran quite well). I tried playing with the speed-hacks but it doesn't change much. Is there another setting or plugin I can try?
Another issue which kind of bothers me is I can see everything through walls. I can see the other characters, monsters, lights and chests clearly through every wall. I didn't get this issue on the older version so I don't think it's my iso.
And one more question, I have a memcard file with my save on it from the older version and I was wondering how exactly do I get it to work with this version? Is there a special way I need to do it? I'm not very tech savvy so if someone doesn't mind explaining it to me I'd be quite grateful!
Thanks for your help and thanks console emu for setting this up!
Update the PCSX2 in the wrapper with newest orphis version: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ it might improve FPS.
Look in your home folder or documents folder for the pcsx2 memory cards folder
Well, you certainly are fast!
I've downloaded it, but where exactly do I put it? Somewhere inside the pcsx2-ce folder?

As for the memory cards, I went in the older version and got the memcard file and tried placing it into the memcard file of this version but it doesn't seem to work and it doesn't format it so I figured I probably did something wrong haha
(06-10-2015, 07:06 AM)dolphinwing Wrote: Well, you certainly are fast!
I've downloaded it, but where exactly do I put it? Somewhere inside the pcsx2-ce folder?

As for the memory cards, I went in the older version and got the memcard file and tried placing it into the memcard file of this version but it doesn't seem to work and it doesn't format it so I figured I probably did something wrong haha

yeah, somewhere in the app wrapper, (show package contents)
the memory card should work without modification...
Oh really? hm it shows up with the little arrow since it's a copy. I tried formatting it in the bios but as soon as I press format it said the formatting failed.
I'll have to try it more tomorrow. Thanks for the link and help, I'll come back here and let y'all know if I got it working better Smile