[Testers Wanted] PCSX2-CE for OS X (v1.0!)
(07-18-2015, 09:33 AM)emulator Wrote: I downloaded Winery, updated Wine from 1.7.47 to 1.7.77, Chnaged engined to new one, rebuilt the wrapper and install dxdiag, got the same graphic card name at PCSX2(and similar fps). Then I tried to use dxdiag to check what kind of graphic card is captured by emulated windows system, but dxdiag shows only memory size of graphic card and display mode, so I don't know how PCSX2 get the device name.

I also try Winetrick, set ddr=gdi , PCSX2 gets different graphic card but only help a bit to fps(no more than 40), and the 3d effect is a bit worse.

Want to try d3d11 in PCSX2, but I can't check d3d11 in PCSX2(which I can check it in my BOOTCAMP windows) after I installed it, neither dxdiag.

Wine doesn't support directx 11... yet. (Codeweavers say they will be adding the support near the end of the year)

Yeah, I guess you can't get any more FPS out of PCSX2... I get 30FPS on my laptop in software mode in OSX, 60FPS in hardware mode in Linux with some ice under my computer to prevent temperature going over 70°C.
If you want to fix the sound when you have low FPS, however, you can open up audio plugin settings and set the mixing mod to Async.

Sponsored links

(07-18-2015, 04:37 PM)uyjulian Wrote: Wine doesn't support directx 11... yet. (Codeweavers say they will be adding the support near the end of the year)

Yeah, I guess you can't get any more FPS out of PCSX2... I get 30FPS on my laptop in software mode in OSX, 60FPS in hardware mode in Linux with some ice under my computer to prevent temperature going over 70°C.

The main reason I wont play in my MBPR is, I hope it will only load up all work stuff(Even keep it in Mavericks). And I don't know how you check software/hardware mode, if you check it by GSdx page, mine are 30(max) in hardware and 3 in software. I want to stay in OSX just because I don't want to reboot frequently because I have lots of service/apps will load at startup(in both desktop and laptop).

And I try d3d11 just because winetrick has it Tongue

Maybe we can take a break here to see if any update about OSX or Wine, or someone can provide clues about how wine wrap hardware driver into emulated system, so maybe I can check out why wine provides X1600 to PCSX2(that's why I install dxdiag)

Anyway, thank you for all your suggestions Smile
Hello,

I am new to this board and I did not seem to find an answer to my problem. First and foremost, I decided to look for a PS2 emulator to play some good Tony Hawk's on it (since the pro skater HD is such a disappointment). When I try to start the game it either won't start at all (using the GSdx 5334 sse2 GS plugin) or it is horribly slow (Zero GS, the worst was 2.4 fps, the best was 20 while looking at a wall). Is there any way I can make this game faster? Using an early 2014 MBA and my CPU does not seem very occupied (peaking at about 30% while playing) so I think it is not my CPU (i5 1.4 GHz). I know that a MBA is not designed for games, but I thought it cannot be that demanding to emulate a PS2 game. Was I wrong? Is it really my bad CPU that prevents me from playing? I read somewhere that the ZeroGS plugin was outdated anyway. I did the winetricks and installed everything, but when I select the GSdx plugin I see a blackscreen for 200 ms and then the programme crashes. Oh, and I use Yosemite.

Sorry for the wall of text, I just want to play that game. If I can provide you more specs, ask for it. I hope somebody can help me. I know that this thread is rather old and so is the programme, but I could not find a more recent one (I downloaded the mac version first, but it was trash, would not recognize any GS plugin whatsoever and I came across this thread)
(07-21-2015, 01:24 PM)Fl3sher Wrote: Hello,

I am new to this board and I did not seem to find an answer to my problem. First and foremost, I decided to look for a PS2 emulator to play some good Tony Hawk's on it (since the pro skater HD is such a disappointment). When I try to start the game it either won't start at all (using the GSdx 5334 sse2 GS plugin) or it is horribly slow (Zero GS, the worst was 2.4 fps, the best was 20 while looking at a wall). Is there any way I can make this game faster? Using an early 2014 MBA and my CPU does not seem very occupied (peaking at about 30% while playing) so I think it is not my CPU (i5 1.4 GHz). I know that a MBA is not designed for games, but I thought it cannot be that demanding to emulate a PS2 game. Was I wrong? Is it really my bad CPU that prevents me from playing? I read somewhere that the ZeroGS plugin was outdated anyway. I did the winetricks and installed everything, but when I select the GSdx plugin I see a blackscreen for 200 ms and then the programme crashes. Oh, and I use Yosemite.

Sorry for the wall of text, I just want to play that game. If I can provide you more specs, ask for it. I hope somebody can help me. I know that this thread is rather old and so is the programme, but I could not find a more recent one (I downloaded the mac version first, but it was trash, would not recognize any GS plugin whatsoever and I came across this thread)

right click wrapper -> show contents -> open wineskin.app -> advanced -> do test run
post logs here after you crash.
(07-21-2015, 05:19 PM)uyjulian Wrote: right click wrapper -> show contents -> open wineskin.app -> advanced -> do test run
post logs here after you crash.

Thank you, the logs are as follows:

fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation 0x0 1 0x0 0
fixme:dwmapiLaughwmEnableMMCSS (1) stub
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 9c040 (device=9 access=3 func=10 method=0)
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage ECO_NOHIDESEL not implemented yet!
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 9c040 (device=9 access=3 func=10 method=0)
fixme:ole:RemUnknown_QueryInterface No interface for iid {00000019-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from apartment threaded to multi-threaded
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from apartment threaded to multi-threaded
fixme:xinput:XInputEnable (1) Stub!
fixme:xinput:XInputGetState (0 0x32cde4)
fixme:xinput:XInputEnable (0) Stub!
fixme:dinput:IDirectInputDevice2WImpl_EnumEffects (this=0x14bcb4,0x3d7330,0x9100090,0x00000000): stub!
fixme:dinput:IDirectInputDevice2WImpl_EnumEffects (this=0x14bcb4,0x3d7330,0x91003e8,0x00000000): stub!
fixme:thread:NtQueryInformationThread Cannot get kerneltime or usertime of other threads
fixme:d3d:init_driver_info Unable to find a driver/device info for vendor_id=0x8086 device_id=0xa26 for driver_model=2
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0xca9e5ac,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:init_driver_info Unable to find a driver/device info for vendor_id=0x8086 device_id=0xa26 for driver_model=2
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0xca9e55c,0x00000000), stub!
set off screen: invalid drawable
X Error of failed request: 0
Major opcode of failed request: 148 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 26 (X_GLXMakeContextCurrent)
Serial number of failed request: 2438
Current serial number in output stream: 2438

I already gave up, I guess I will just wait for an OpenEmu PCSX2 core. Sad
(07-18-2015, 05:19 AM)LeonimuZ Wrote: That should be added to the instructions since none of them say you should do this. (not the one on this thread, the website or the Readme.txt)

Also, that worked! Thanks for the help!

Sorry about the noob question, but how do I "do winetrick, macdriver=mac"?
(07-28-2015, 10:50 PM)taox Wrote: Sorry about the noob question, but how do I "do winetrick, macdriver=mac"?

right click on wrapper, show package content, open wineskin.app, click advanced, go to 2nd tab and hit winetricks, find macdriver=mac and checkbox it, then hit run. Now try the wrapper again.
For those interested in OS X El Capitan -

X11 is no longer included in OS X. There in an icon in the utilities folder that's just a link to this page: https://support.apple.com/en-hk/HT201341

Wineskin Winery no longer works when creating a new wrapper, because it tries to open X11.

I've tried installing XQuartz, but it doesn't seem to help.

uyjulian - I know PCSX2 requires OGL 3.3 plus just two OGL 4.2 extensions. Do you happen to know which OpenGL 4.2 features PCSX2 uses? I can confirm El Capitan supports the following two 4.2 extensions:
GL_ARB_internalformat_query
GL_ARB_texture_storage
(08-01-2015, 05:41 AM)MacUser Wrote: For those interested in OS X El Capitan -

X11 is no longer included in OS X. There in an icon in the utilities folder that's just a link to this page: https://support.apple.com/en-hk/HT201341

Wineskin Winery no longer works when creating  a new wrapper, because it tries to open X11.

I've tried installing XQuartz, but it doesn't seem to help.

uyjulian - I know PCSX2 requires OGL 3.3 plus just two OGL 4.2 extensions. Do you happen to know which OpenGL 4.2 features PCSX2 uses? I can confirm El Capitan supports the following two 4.2 extensions:
GL_ARB_internalformat_query
GL_ARB_texture_storage

GSdx requires
GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack
and
GL_ARB_texture_storage.

Are you sure you restarted your computer after installing XQuartz ?
(08-01-2015, 05:49 AM)uyjulian Wrote: GSdx requires
GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack
and
GL_ARB_texture_storage.

Are you sure you restarted your computer after installing XQuartz ?

Ahh, so close. Just missing one extension. I guess we won't be seeing any of those juicy advances Gregory has been making any time soon. 

Yes, XQuartz is now installed. Located in the Utilities folder (though it uses the name X11, it's definitely XQuartz). 

I'm guessing either there's a bug in the El Capitain Beta (very likely), or Wineskin Winery needs to be updated.