[Testers Wanted] PCSX2-CE for OS X (v1.0!)
hey guys,

I am trying this for the first time, to run the game dragon quest VIII.

I followed all the steps in the tutorial, installed everything even the CG toolkit and downloaded the ISO.

Once i try to run the cdvd the program just closes. i have no idea why, it doesnt  even give me any error messages to help me figure out what went wrong.

Can you help me?
Let me know what information you may need to help me with this

OSX Yosemite 10.10.3

Best Regards

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - 1.6Ghz Intel Corei5, Intel HD graphipcs 6000 1536MB, 4GB, Yosemite.

• The version of PCSX2 you are using. - pcsx2-ce-mac-1.0

• Any non default settings you are using. - all default

• What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD. - Dragon Quest VIII.

BIOS USA -V02.00 (14/06/2004)
PLUGINS
GS - GSdx 5334 (MSVC 16.00, AVX)
PAD - LilyPad
SPU2 - ZeroSPU2 r5403-dev 0.4.6
CDVD - Linuz Iso CDVD
(10-03-2015, 12:58 AM)gabared Wrote: I am trying this for the first time, to run the game dragon quest VIII.
I followed all the steps in the tutorial, installed everything even the CG toolkit and downloaded the ISO.
We can't help you since we don't provide support to pirates
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
sorry i dont follow
sorry i dont follow
Thanks for posting this tutorial! I tried it, and got to the part where I can hear the game sounds as though I\'m running a normal PS2, but I have no graphics displayed. I tried installing the Nvidia cg package, but I got some error about my direct x not being there, even though I installed it using Winetricks. I'm guessing it may have something to do with my GS plugin, because the ones I have did not work Sad
Any ideas to solve this would really be helpful :Smile Thanks a lot!
I have a question for people who have the current version of PCSX2 (1.2.1) - how do you update the PCSX2-CE package with said current version? I've been meaning to go spelunking through past pages in this thread, but I haven't had much luck...
Have you tried just replacing files one by one?
Probably you could start by comparing pcsx2 v1.0 and the one in the bundle. If there are differences you need to apply them to the version as well otherwise it is probably just replacing all v1.0 files by v1.2.1 files. Possibly some wineskin config files need to be changed in addition but as pcsx2 v1.0 is similar to pcsx2 v1.2.1 in requirements its probably not that complicated.
You'll need to add VC++ 2013 too...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-06-2015, 09:36 PM)chrismlin Wrote: I have a question for people who have the current version of PCSX2 (1.2.1) - how do you update the PCSX2-CE package with said current version? I've been meaning to go spelunking through past pages in this thread, but I haven't had much luck...

Step 1: download the latest builds from http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php

Step 2: Right-click on the PCSX2-CE and select Show Package Contents. Go to drive_c and Program files to see the old PCSX2 folder. 

Step 3: IMPORTANT: Copy over the BIOS, inis and memcards folders to your new PCSX2 download. (hold down the Alt key when dragging, otherwise OSX sometimes just makes an alias)

Step 4: Copy the new PCSX2 folder into Program Files (delete the old one while you are at it)

Step 5: Open up the Wineskin app contained in the package (you should have seen it earlier when you did step 2)

Step 6: Select Advanced. 

Step 7: Reassign which .exe file is run by clicking the Browse button at the top. Choose the new PCSX2.exe

Step 8 (optional): update the wrapper version and engine used if there are new versions available (you can download new engines with the Wineskin Winery app from here: http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-in...=Downloads

Then you are done. The new version should run next time you open the app.