Text Issues with TT
Text on certain screens such as the load screen (where you pick a save), and the in-game pause menu won't display text. I've tried swapping between hardware/software mode, but no luck. See below:

[Image: LWB8XbE.png]
(above: main menu>choose which save to load)

and this one...

[Image: P4CSeIv.jpg]
(above: in-game save menu)

There should be text there showing my progress/stats. There is a save there, but text simply won't show up. What I found odd is that text on the main menu shows up, but won't work in certain menus. In-game all text afaik displays fine. Any idea on how I can fix this?

Sponsored links

Hmm if software mode doesn't fix it, are there any errors/warnings showing in the log?

You could try experimenting with different Rounding and Clamp settings in Config>Emulation Settings>EE and VUs, it's possible the font is there, just hidden under some other graphics, the mentioned settings can help with that, but you'll have to check all of them by yourself, hopefully they can be changed and applied without closing the settings window, so it's not too bothersome;3.
Well I got it working with these settings, but it is incredibly slow:

[Image: sYDSCHN.png]
[Image: tao0izR.png]
Try to limit your changes only to those things that helps. Unless you had to change all of that to make it show?

You could try restoring those settings to defaults and change "Micro VU recompiler" to "SuperVU recompiler" as in some games it can fix same problems.
(06-23-2013, 05:37 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Try to limit your changes only to those things that helps. Unless you had to change all of that to make it show?

You could try restoring those settings to defaults and change "Micro VU recompiler" to "SuperVU recompiler" as in some games it can fix same problems.

Well I tweaked a few settings, and I got the game to show the text plus run at 45FPS-50FPS, which was still really sluggish in-game. So I turned on a few speedhacks, and I managed to get the FPS to 53FPS-59FPS. Even with speedhacks on, everything appears to run smoothly so I think this is good for now.

Settings:
[Image: qwijhdr.png]
[Image: RHQ2GCZ.png]
[Image: MQwzVC2.png]

Main Menus (particulary the part where you pick saves): won't show up no matter what I seem to do.

In-Game Menu:
[Image: MinEwHs.jpg]

____
Now the only thing that will be annoying is having to change these settings every time I want to play this particular game. I think I've seen a few homebrew launchers around the forum that can do that though.
Maybe it can show with some different settings you didn't tried.

It might be something else through, if you'll not find any setting that help with it you might create a thread in bug reporting section, just read stickies before posting there;p and also make note to test it first on latest svn version(if you aren't already using it) since the problem might as well be already fixed.
(06-23-2013, 06:08 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Maybe it can show with some different settings you didn't tried.

It might be something else through, if you'll not find any setting that help with it you might create a thread in bug reporting section, just read stickies before posting there;p and also make note to test it first on latest svn version(if you aren't already using it) since the problem might as well be already fixed.

I've done what you suggested (used the SVN build (what I normally use), and I tried the Stable build too just for the hell of it).

I've made a bug report here.
I've noticed something with the new SVN builds that some of the text in games is disappearing more and more. Try using SVN 5645 and see if the text appears. Everything after this build seems like I have to swap to software mode to see the buttons and text or revert back to my old build.

If anything, wait for a new build to come along and hopefully fix your bug.

Quick Edit: Thank you miseru99 for clarifying. Smile
Favorite PS2 Games: Kessen II, SSX Tricky, & Mr. Mosquito
PlayStation 2: Ceramic White & Black (Original)
@Avastor Software mode doesn't fix this;p so it's nothing caused by skipdraw "fixes" which are most common changes in svn versions and reson why some text disappear in hardware mode. I know a bit of GSdx and saw quite alot of graphic bugs to be quite sure it's not related and the rest of the text being fixed by changing clamp/rounding modes simply proves it^_^.

@Scootaloo Bug report is mostly to not make this sink under loads of support threads(xx each day;p), as it most likely is a pcsx2 core problem, those things which are fixed by changing emulation settings can be added in automatic game fixes, but the one which cannot will most likely require some coder's attention possibly one who has the game, most people just spam in support section without thinking much and those threads change into chats commonly;p, in bug report it might be slightly better.

Frankly the chances of such bug to be fixed are quite low, especially in the summer north of the Equator;p, so as long as you can enjoy the game even with broken it's better to not specially wait for fixes, but good luck. All of us here have some broken stuff we either fix on our own or pray to some higher forces to see it fixed in the future it's just how it is with emulation, need to get used or you'll be irritated alots with more broken stuff. ;o