Texture dumping
Hi all,I am sorry if this is in wrong place.
I need to dump textures from ps2 game.
Is there a way in emulator to do that?
I am learning Kismet a bit,I guess I could do a funny playLaughLaugh with that.
Specially I need texture of God of War Games.

Sponsored links

Hello!Is there a way to dump game texture via pcsx2?
no.

umad?
That's technically illegal you know... So, no, there isn't.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

@refraction,illegal???!!!!!!!!!
Why?
cuz you're stealing game ressources to use it for your own purpose.

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64

Hmm... I dunno about that... There shouldn't be any legal reasons against dumping textures from your own game that you own, and as long as the project your doing isn't for profit, it should fall under the fair use clause in most countries, including the US.

If for some reason you were trying to sell the project while using those textures that would definitely be a big no-no... but I'm not aware of any law that would make using a few borrowed textures illegal... Hell, game designers do that all the time with textures/music/sound effects in the design phase of their products. Obviously all of that is removed by the time the product is released to the market.
[Image: 2748844.png]
That sounds like something Sony would say... You're not allowed to use the product you purchase any way you want, even if it's for personal use! WE WILL SUE YOU!
Your taking my oxygen, see you in court.
<REDACTED>
(09-20-2011, 08:46 PM)Koji Wrote: Hmm... I dunno about that... There shouldn't be any legal reasons against dumping textures from your own game that you own, and as long as the project your doing isn't for profit, it should fall under the fair use clause in most countries, including the US.

If for some reason you were trying to sell the project while using those textures that would definitely be a big no-no... but I'm not aware of any law that would make using a few borrowed textures illegal... Hell, game designers do that all the time with textures/music/sound effects in the design phase of their products. Obviously all of that is removed by the time the product is released to the market.

Right, thats what some ppl did in the nexus site, and has to be removed for copyright infrigment, but if u only wants the texture for reference material, and u make ur owns then i guess thats ok.