Texture filtering - does it hit the CPU?
I am trying to figure out if any of my hardware is bottlenecking my performance. When playing God of War, if I disable texture filtering, my frame rate is pegged at 60fps. When I turn it on, the average is more like 25fps.

I have an 8800GT 512MB running in dx 10 mode, at native resolution, and an e8400 3.0GHz, running in SSE4 mode.

Sponsored links

If I'm not mistaken texture filtering should be completely handled by the video card. You can't use texture filtering at native resolution though...
[Image: 2748844.png]
(12-17-2009, 01:53 AM)Koji Wrote: If I'm not mistaken texture filtering should be completely handled by the video card. You can't use texture filtering at native resolution though...

That's strange, I could have swore I was using texture filtering at native res. I have since switched to 1920x1080 with texture filtering. I think I got closer to 60 fps when I enabled some speed hacks.

I also tried enabling anisotropic filtering and anti-aliasing through my video card, but that didn't work.

It still doesn't look quite like it's really rendering at 1080p resolution, and on top of that there are some other graphical glitches, like i can't see something like transparent water that's behind transparent fog. Anyway...I'll do some more research and post another topic related to that.