The GS plugin failed to open/intialize
You can see my problem by reading the thread's name and yea I have Direct X 11 fully upgraded,and of course my video card(256 mb) supports it too.2 Gb ram 320 gb hd space,i played wwe smackdown vs raw 2010, it ran slowly but no graphical problems..I dont think it will be much slow now cause
A-At that time I had mounted the image
B-Now I shall run from HD so faster speed is expected
C-Having vista I'm planning to use my 160 gb external hd in system ready boost
D-I'm planning to use game booster to shutdown all unnecessary processes..

Sponsored links

"The GS plugin failed to open/intialize"

That would mean you can't run the games at all but it seems you are running a game on it, so what's the problem exactly? Also what do you mena by "Direct X 11 fully upgraded"?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Did you run it as administrator? If not, Do so....

Can you be more specific when posting your pc specs, ex: Nvidia GT 220
What version of pcsx2/plugins are you using?

I have no idea why you would use the external HDD as RAM, that won't benefit you in pcsx2 at all.
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.6Ghz
6GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 275 GTX Co-Op
HDD 2x750GB Raid 0
Mobo - Asus P6T
OCZ Game XStream 700W
Window 7 Ultimate
A-I ran as an administrator
B-By direct x 11 fully updated I meant that I check for updates for the direct X regularly
C-Using my hd in system readyboost was just for the sake of handling more programs, since pcsx2 requires 2gb ram in Vista/Win7 I thought using it in system ready boost was a good idea if I wanted to gtalk,ymessenger,sidebar etc simultaneously
See the attachment if you want to know about my gfx card.
again I mention that i have core 2 duo(2.20Ghz)not overclocked
and I use dxdiag to check my computers specs
Dxdiag mentions that my direct x version is 11
I will be surprised if you people say to me I cant run ps2 games on pcsx2 cause my system is slow cause I was able to play smackdown vs raw(slow speed) through a mounted image(btw do mounted images put some load on the cpu? cause i have 3 drives(virtual)running through alcohol 120%

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

you shouldnt play games with mounted image's u should load the iso image's with pcsx2. anything u run in your pc uses cpu (and whatever u do if u dont close them down they will keep doing it! readyboost or anything else cant help here). if u check for updates regularly means u must have the bebruary updates if i am correct. are u sure u are using beta r1888 and march plugins from this forum or from official site? and yes your gpu and cpu are slow and u should run games in native resolution using lots of speedhacks Tongue also i would recommend delete your pcsx2 folder (keep memcards bios and patches (if u have edit any of these) and do a fresh install of the emulator and plugins according to the instructions of the .txt file.

edit: there is no need to readyboost a whole hdd it doesnt do anything after 8-16gb and generally it doesnt give a speedup u can feel (also using an hdd for readyboost doesnt really work cause u need the speed of a flash stick or a fast ssd in reading/writing small files) (it doesnt do anything with pcsx2 at all!)
dxdiag mentions the directX u can use but that doesnt mean u use it cause i dont think your gpu can use dx11, maybe dx10.
also the more programs u run the more u use your cpu and your ram (the real ram u got on your mobo that is faster than any hdd....
the aprox. total memory also can be wrong cause in mine it says 2808 and i have 1gb card. so it doesnt say what we need to know...

more edit...: from the ddi version i can see u have directX 9 gpu (that's what it is i think...) and i see u have to update your gpu drivers 2 years....

and yep more edit: gamebooster doesnt seem that good to use program for me cause it closes windows processes that windows is running them for a reason and also pcsx2 is not a regular game so that program maybe close something pcsx2 needs.
If u want to check your whole computer specs use everest ultimate it has all the info there more than what anyone can understand or use.
(1st line edited)
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Are you sure you got the latest DirectX? They release a new version on a monthly basis I think, so you should always be checking by running the installer, not by checking in your computer what it says.

DirectX Installer: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

Why use that game booster program you mentioned when you plan on using messenger and some other junk while playing???? Also as iakoboss7 mentioned, using HDD as RAM is not a good choice because it will still be drastically slower than real RAM. I have no idea where you got that info from about pcsx2 using/needing 2GBs of RAM, the program doesn't even use 1GB so 2GBs is more than enough.

Since you got a low-end computer, try to keep settings on the low side like iakoboss7 said, so you get the most out of your computer.
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.6Ghz
6GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 275 GTX Co-Op
HDD 2x750GB Raid 0
Mobo - Asus P6T
OCZ Game XStream 700W
Window 7 Ultimate
Update your drivers and use the Direct3D9 (Hardware) plugin. Your card does not support DX11 and your DDI version in the dxdiag display driver says that.

I still don't get what's the title of this thread is for if you can play your games? It would appear only if you can't play so.... please tell us what your problem exactly is and what settings you have so we can help better.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I used the Dit3D9(Hardware) plugin and it worked,dbzbt3 ran quiet well,resident evil 4 was normal and I have not tested ny other game as for the title it was the error I got... I thought you people would be familiar with that so i didn't gave much detail at first,even though now i'm able to plat pa2 games but I still wonder that how did I ran wwe smackdown vs raw 2010 at the direct x 10 plugin..
there is no way u run it at the dx10 plugin.... without a dx10 for sure Tongue
maybe u are mistaken
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(05-20-2010, 05:56 AM)iakoboss7 Wrote: there is no way u run it at the dx10 plugin.... without a dx10 for sure Tongue
maybe u are mistaken
so u say i didnt have dx10 installed so I couldnt have run it..i have dx11 installed and am using vista Tongue