The Getaway CPU or GPU Bottleneck?
the settings are all on safe faster preset but this game just cant hold 60fps on fully capable hardware this is a screenshot im wondering if this is a CPU or GPU bottleneck if you read the EE% and GS% it seems to high on the GPU side and this is a GTX 1070 also i have a non k i7 6700 i came back to test this game again today on the latest build but its bugging me whats causing this fps drop.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Judging by the 97% on the GS I would say your bottleneck is on the gpu/gs plugin side.

What are your gsdx settings? Can you take a screenshot? If you could screenshot the hw hacks section in gsdx too that would be great
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-30-2017, 03:58 PM)refraction Wrote: Judging by the 97% on the GS I would say your bottleneck is on the gpu/gs plugin side.

What are your gsdx settings? Can you take a screenshot? If you could screenshot the hw hacks section in gsdx too that woul
thats odd because a guy who did a full gameplay of it on youtube had a GTX 970 and handled it all on default preset and had 60fps the entire time heres the snapshot of my emulation settings.

Quote:thats odd because a guy who did a full gameplay of it on youtube had a GTX 970 and handled it all on default preset and had 60fps the entire time

source ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-30-2017, 03:58 PM)refraction Wrote: Judging by the 97% on the GS I would say your bottleneck is on the gpu/gs plugin side.

What are your gsdx settings? Can you take a screenshot? If you could screenshot the hw hacks section in gsdx too that would be great

heres the GSDX settings

(05-30-2017, 04:07 PM)jesalvein Wrote: source ?

it was last year the video is no longer on youtube anymore sadly if i remember correctly he had a 4790k and GTX 970 he did a complete run through of the game and finished it on the emulator and even noted the settings he used which were all pretty much on the default safe faster preset.

Try disabling Large Framebuffer and see if that helps.
(05-30-2017, 06:34 PM)Topken Wrote: Try disabling Large Framebuffer and see if tha
okay ill give that a try thanks for the help.
(05-30-2017, 04:07 PM)mrchrismania Wrote: heres the GSDX settings

it was last year the video is no longer on youtube anymore sadly if i remember correctly he had a 4790k and GTX 970 he did a complete run through of the game and finished it on the emulator and even noted the settings he used which were all pretty much on the default safe faster preset.

no luck but i noticed on other cutscenes the GS goes to like 50 to 60% then the EE fluctuates to 80% and 97% so i just think the CPU isnt powerful isnt powerful enough the GPU isnt really the issue here to be honest because on other cutscenes the EE load is really high which indicates some kind of CPU bottleneck going on non K 6700 was a big mistake for me to be honest a game like this needs an overclocked CPU to handle it properly at 60fps it makes sense since the guy with the 4790k never had problems so the CPU is the issue here a game like this needs a CPU clock over 4+ghz to handle it perfectly i dont touch speedhacks because say if i reduce the EE cycle rate it then runs at 60fps but with a lot of frame skipping and shaky animations thats why i always leave it on its defaut preset.