The Getaway Crashing
Hi, so I managed to get The Getaway working nice and smoothly now on the latest version of PCSX2 (0.9.8) but the game keeps crashing at the same point every time during a cutscene on the fifth level. Has anyone else encountered the same problem? Can post settings if need be but I have tried different settings but it crashes at the same point every single time.

Thanks!

Sponsored links

we don't support antique versions.
please update at least to latest stable release.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Apologies I was under the impression I had the latest version, I'll update and reply if I get the same problem.
(05-04-2016, 10:08 PM)Sidanator Wrote: Apologies I was under the impression I had the latest version, I'll update and reply if I get the same problem.

Nope, was released 5 years ago Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Well looks like that fixed it! Don't I feel stupid now haha. It does stop crashing at that point but the game now has random frame drops even though the same settings as the last version. Can you suggest some settings for The Getaway?
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
i7 3.40Ghz, GeForce GTX 980. 16gb RAM, Windows 7
PCSX2 version: 1.4.0
Settings: DX11(Software), Interlacing: None, Edge Anti-aliasing (AA1) on, Rendering threads: 2
Speedhacks on: EE: 2, VU: 1, Spin Detection on, Wait Loop Detection on, mVU Flag Hack on, MTVU on

I'm trying to play The Getaway from ISO

Thanks!
Set rendering thread to 3.

If it doesn't help you could lower the EE en VU speedhacks, they can improve performance, but also decrease it.
it is the nature of the beast a bit, you could also try the latest git version with the OpenGL hardware renderer, there have been some huge improvements on that, although there may still be some issues with the lighting it is nowhere near as bad as it was (or is in DX) and we are currently working on related bugs Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]