The Higher we are the farther we fall
I updated my drivers not to long ago and updating them will not help this issue I know from experience it is just a waste of time, about 2-3 hours to do it right. So lets move on. In the old days we had D3D internal res which I always checked "Native" and then I selected where it says Resolution: 1920x1200 60 Hz. Now, onward to Modern times where they decided to muck everything up. In the GS plugin there is NO Resolution Question anymore and it just asks for D3D Internal resolution - Original PS2 resolution : nice checkbox Native and I check this off. So I still am in NATIVE MODE! Then I go from here, and because at this point I am so confused I go to windows setting by now I have had every number but the kitchen sink in Custom Window Size but I could care less because I check off that cool box that says Default to fullscreen mode on open oh and my aspect ratio is Widescreen if that matters. Now all of this was in some nice screen shots. But please tell me why before it ran just fine in native and now I am still trying to run in native and it runs like sh.........I not even going to complete that.

Are you guys tell me that most of you just was running along at 60 fps at full screen in 0.9.6 upgraded and then oh look full screen only gets 40 fps oh well or whatever you get is what you get and you just deal with it? Has no one before me even thought about hey lets switch out the video plugin because its faster? I feel like I am the only one asking these very random questions my question is why?

Sponsored links

[quteo]Are you guys tell me that most of you just was running along at 60 fps at full screen in 0.9.6 upgraded and then oh look full screen only gets 40 fps oh well or whatever you get is what you get and you just deal with it? Has no one before me even thought about hey lets switch out the video plugin because its faster? [/quote]

No, that's just you the rest of us got the same or better FPS. You probably have some broken drivers and you are obviously failing to grasp the concept of INTERNAL RESOLUTION and window resolution. If both have native checked and you get half FPS as we said it's some weird Vsync issue and if I had to guess it's the dual graphics card you're using that is mucking up.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Yeah, +1 for the SLI thing. That was built to break things.

Edit:
The latest drivers means the latest fixes for problems.
I do not understand how double clicking a downloaded exe can take 3 hours for you.
(12-19-2011, 11:46 PM)rama Wrote: You're adjusting the internal rendering resolution which has nothing to do with output aspect ratio.
Please simply use the x2 or x3 scaled setting from the newer GSdx versions.
These are also the only ones that will properly support full screen or Vsync settings.

Actually your wrong I did all those changes at "Custom Windows Size", I kept native internal res: native through out the test. Because if I make internal res any higher I have lower fps I wonder why? so scaling internal res to x2 or x3 is out of the picture.

And maybe to clarify for those of us that were pre-0.9.8 what used to happen is the screen used to be rendered at native in all its beauty based on the settings you gave it for D3D internal res: normally set to native by the user. 512x448 I think and then pieced together and once a full image was formed it was enlarged onto the resolution of your fullscreen based on what you set it at in Resolution parameter. And that was basically the extent of it. Very simplistic, but it was not trying to ask the video card to produce more bits per say it was using one enlarging matrix where now days it seems like to get full screen every extra bit is being requested somehow it not just a blow up like before. So now it looks better but is slower, before it looks worse but is faster. Can anyone tell me if I am on the right track if maybe I am getting warm or if there is no way to do what I did in the past. I know I program embedded devices and graphics is not my subject but I would love to understand.

Try using software mode or get a newer card. Your graphics card is a few generations behind. You can't seriously expect to run modern software, which is already an extremely intensive software, on outdated hardware, do you?
the rendering is still the same. it gets still rendered in native and is scaled up. there's no change in it. only thing that would probably cause your performance issues is that GSDX isn't using exclusive fullscreen anymore making it hard for your GX2 and for an old SLI driver to get into fully SLI rendering that way. that's enough to wrap this up. if you've still got problems and special requests - how do I put that... you're programmer - try to fix it yourself. the svn is open. get you an old revision and learn to tweak it.
Because then you uninstall the old ones then you have to remove the old ones including reg entries then you have to re setup SLI trust me drivers on an SLI card is a mess and don't always work plus did I mention I am running on a server board with dual xeon 5160 trust me there are problems with this type of setup the way I have it loaded is stable and updating them is not going to fix the problem at hand
DrHycodan, I ran everything just fine 0.9.6 so why should a few updates make it go down the drain?
I tried limiting pcsx2 to only one graphics card that did not work try again
So I took another look over everything and it still bothers me that Bositman says GSdx actually gave everyone better fps than the old days so what happened to me. The only thing I can think of is he also states I failed to understand the difference between INTERNAL RESOLUTION and window resolution. You know what for once the way you guys use it your completely right because I am trying to relate it from the way I knew in 0.9.6 or I should say GSdx 0.1.14 to what you have now before I thought Internal Res was just that box you simple checked off as Native, and Window Resolution was 1920 x 1200 my monitor size. Fullscreen. Maybe some can enlighten me on what memo I missed.
well. as we still here.

internal is the resolution it renders everything in a backbuffer. the screen resolution is what it outputs scaled up. thing is GSDX's now (edit: it's not changable anymore) output resolution goes into a windowed device (non-exclusive) and scales to a fullscreen window. the old GSDX output resolution set it to a exclusive fullscreen device and scaled up to that.

what I could think of is that your SLI card and driver does not work really good with that windowed rendering. I've seen similar at my old rig where I gained 5-10 fps more from the exclusive mode. that SLI thing makes it even worse if you know what SLI really is (that frame delay buffered and half frame rendering Wink). what you might encounter is the driver trapping itself on a single card and vsync. tho even a single card should be plenty it doesn't seem to manage to work.

I think I'm out of this thread now. Smile