The Legend of Spyro The Eternal Night
Well I over clocked it up to 4.5, which is a stable frequency for this chip, and it runs fine now with very little frame rate issues. One thing I did notice however is that only one of my cores seems to be being used more then the others. I know the emulator only used 2 cores, but it only seems to be using one.

Sponsored links

Windows is spreading the load to all 4 cores, so you'll never see 2 cores actually pushed to high usage.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I was reading in the FAQ, and it said there that PCSX2 will only use 2 cores, but windows overrides it and divides the load that wound have been used by 2 over 4?
It doesn't 'override' it. The program will take advantage of 2 threads (doesn't have to be real cores). Windows, when you have a 4 core (so 4 thread too) system, sees 4 threads and since the 2/4 threads have almost no load, divides it for better system responsiveness. That does not change the fact that PCSX2 will utilize only 2 threads and no more. If PCSX2 could use more, you would see large CPU usage on all 4 threads, about 80-90% on all 4, but as you see that's not the case Wink
[Image: newsig.jpg]