The Mark of Kri
Hey guys, i checked the compatibility list for this game and see that it has the blue mark meaning you cant play through fully but this was last checked/updated in 2011.
I want to know if it is still like this or is it playable through the end with the new Pcsx2 upgrades since that year ? Thanks a lot.

Sponsored links

Well unfortunately there is no information what kind of error happend. The same problem for rise of kasai which is the followup and might have the same engine.
The was a lot of changes since 0.98 so I would give it a try.

And since you already have a working pcsx2...
as far as im aware, Mark of Kri works perfectly in 1.2.1
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Did you finish building that new pc?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Alright then. Thanks for the info guys ! Will check it out and see if it works. I hope so, looks like a Ps2 forgotten gem.
(03-22-2014, 12:45 AM)King_Nickles Wrote: Alright then. Thanks for the info guys ! Will check it out and see if it works. I hope so, looks like a Ps2 forgotten gem.

I think Mark of Kri used to have a COP2 problem that prevented the character from leaving the dojo (not sure about other areas) and that made progress impossible. It was fixed, and should now be completely playable.
I tried my disc and it works perfectly so far using the HW hack "alpha". I played about 2 hours. I forgot how much I enjoyed this game back in the day.
(03-22-2014, 10:13 PM)Zigray Wrote: I tried my disc and it works perfectly so far using the HW hack "alpha". I played about 2 hours. I forgot how much I enjoyed this game back in the day.

Agreed, i had so much fun with it as well. Sneaking was essential if you didn't want to get overrun by tough opponents and archer units in the distance, and the saves were few to use. I remember one time i was stuck near some pier or something (foggy memory, it's been long) with more than 20 enemies surrounding me, all in armor. It took me half an hour to get out of there without dying horribly, since i was in defense the entire time and hit once every few seconds due to all the incoming blows leaving me unable to do combos.

I never finished it however. The necropolis levels are simply impossible right off the start. Jumps and archers covering the entire area with skeletons patrolling the ground.. nope, find another hero Tongue2
Yeah this game was so underrated. Hopefully there's a widescreen patch for this soon.