The Nightmare Before Christmas Oogies Revenge problem
(05-08-2015, 02:01 AM)refraction Wrote: lol yeh that is weird, I woulda thought that would work!

I presume software mode is fine but the issue persists in hw mode?

Actually, it notice there's a little less, but the game runs TERRIBLE, at 30FPS in software mode. HW or not, still have problems... I guess it's just the graphics plugin.

Edit: When I added extra rendering threads, it made it better. Very playable, however, in hardware mode with native resolution, the ghosting is gone. So I don't need software mode. It just if I use native, it looks absolutely terrible. I still have my ol PS2, but I don't have a memory card for it Sad so I pretty much must resort to PCSX2

Sponsored links

So is it just when you use any type of native x# modifier? What about using a custom resolution?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Unfortunately, I think the motion blur is just part of the game, like Persona 4.

I beat the game a few months ago on PCSX2.

Maybe it's possible to hack it out, idk.
(05-08-2015, 02:21 AM)refraction Wrote: So is it just when you use any type of native x# modifier? What about using a custom resolution?

Yes any type of X#native and I tried a custom resolution, the problem still exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4WwRFUGM_Y I don't think motion blur is in this game. As you can see, it shouldn't have a ghost effect.
But you can see that effect in the game, it's very subtle. Most noticable on Jack when he's attacking
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Oh alright. Well thanks!
On side note... I would like to know is there any way to FORCE a interlaced game into Progressive Scan? Or is it just impossible? A game that doesn't have progressive scan.
It's very possible. On real PS2 you can use GS mode selector to do it. On PCSX2 I'm not sure if that works though. Some games also can be forced with:

http://asmodean.reverse.net/pages/ps2force480p.html
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I tried and GS mode doesn't work... I might with a physical disc which I do have but I don't feel like plugging in my DVD drive into my PC.

I also wonder... what if someone programmed A GS plugin that can force progressive scan... it's be intresting. This game has a weird effect to the text due to being interlaced, it sort of bounces around if that makes any sense.

Also when I record PSCX2 with the built in capture device, I get terrible FPS. I guess my CPU just sucks.
Has anyone gotten stuck on the video mode select window for this game? I've added my mapping for the keyboard and it skips in the first couple ps2 screens so i know it works but i cant select a mode for Video Mode Select within the game???