Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Overclocking CPU thread (or anything else which can be overclockonly by the bios)
Well I opened this thread because I want to post updates of how the performance of games have improved and also because I want to get direct advice before trying it. And of course I don't have a problem with everyone who wants to, to ask here for advice as well. I have read some guides but I am not sure I understood precisely what I must do.

First of, I have an E8500 CPU and an 780I nvidia motherboard.

I know how to change the FSB which would in turn change the speed of the CPU. What I don't know is whether it should be linked with the memory and if it is not linked what else I should change. Through CPU-Z I can see information about them, if you want me to show it to you.

Also currently the temperatures are 48 celsious

Sponsored links

Turning up fsb will increase everything connected to it, unless you set it to only affect the cpu (if you have the option)
I love only having to change multiplier + voltage Laugh
[Image: 1454055.png]
Does it increase just CPU when I select it to not be linked witht memory ? If so, is that all ? Don't I need to change other settings ? I need to only do that, and I can start the computer again with no problems ?
If its not linked to memory, only the front side bus will change and not the timings. I usually unlink it and do the changes manually. Usually I only tinker with the FSB and multiplier but not the voltage. OCing with stock voltage is the safest OC IMO. And usually more volts=more heat, which i cant really afford since I'm running with a stock cooler.
My PS2 Resurrected:
AMD Phenom II x4 oc 3.4ghz
GTX 560 1gb
Western Digital 300gb hdd
4gb ddr800 kingston ram
Asrock N68-S Motherboard