The PS3's PS2 emulator
Is it possible for the PCSX2 team to look at the PS2 emulator on PS3 in order to get a better idea on how to do certain things? Something interesting I found is that the emulator on PS3 exhibits some of the same problems in the games I use to test PCSX2 whenever a new version I released. Ape Escape 2 shows the exact same flickering, corrupted textures, and in Black your character can easily get stuck on parts of the level scenery. The depth of field effect when you reload weapons in Black is however present in the PS3's emulator unlike PCSX2, and parts of the player's gun and hands also aren't invisible as they are in PCSX2.

Sponsored links

(03-06-2016, 03:42 PM)danieljg Wrote: Is it possible for the PCSX2 team to look at the PS2 emulator on PS3 in order to get a better idea on how to do certain things? Something interesting I found is that the emulator on PS3 exhibits some of the same problems in the games I use to test PCSX2 whenever a new version I released. Ape Escape 2 shows the exact same flickering, corrupted textures, and in Black your character can easily get stuck on parts of the level scenery. The depth of field effect when you reload weapons in Black is however present in the PS3's emulator unlike PCSX2, and parts of the player's gun and hands also aren't invisible as they are in PCSX2.

there was rumor going round sony was using part of pcsx2 code in there own emulator, true or not, pcsx2 emulation is much better off then emulation in ps3, atlest on the software end of emulation, never mind the fact pcsx2 actual enhances the game image where as the ps3 did not.