The best desktop computer processor for Pscx2 to run fast?
Hello,

Am planning to buy a new desktop computer,
I want to know what is the best CPU for desktop computer to run the pcsx2 at fast speed.

Thank you very much.

Sponsored links

The best and cheapest I can think of would be the Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 overclocked to at least 3.4GHz. (I saw this guy overclock his to 4.2GHz)

This costs about $180.
I asked the computer shop he told me the llatest core2duo is 2.6Ghz only, OK what about the Core2Quad?

Because i have tried the pcsx2 in my laptop: Dual Core 2.3Ghz but it's very slow.

So am asking if it will be fast in a desktop computer.
(08-15-2010, 08:53 AM)BlackCitadel Wrote: I asked the computer shop he told me the llatest core2duo is 2.6Ghz only, OK what about the Core2Quad?

Because i have tried the pcsx2 in my laptop: Dual Core 2.3Ghz but it's very slow.

So am asking if it will be fast in a desktop computer.

The Core 2 Duo E8400 has a stock speed of 3.0GHz.

A quad core processor (Core 2 Quad) won't help you any more than a dual core would because it only utilizes two of the four cores. A 3.0GHz quad core would run the same as a 3.0GHz dual core.

The reason your laptop gets low FPS is because of your clock speed, it's pretty low.
And can i increase this clock speed of my laptop?
(08-15-2010, 09:23 AM)BlackCitadel Wrote: And can i increase this clock speed of my laptop?

I'm not entirely sure. I've never tried to overclock a CPU on a laptop before.
OK, i think i will buy the Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E8400
(6M Cache, 3.00 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB) But can you tell me how can i overclock it?

You said a guy overclocked his to 4GHz and it cost 180$ Can you tell me how is that?

Thabnks.
(08-15-2010, 09:41 AM)BlackCitadel Wrote: OK, i think i will buy the Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E8400
(6M Cache, 3.00 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB) But can you tell me how can i overclock it?

You said a guy overclocked his to 4GHz and it cost 180$ Can you tell me how is that?

Thabnks.

The processor itself is $180. Overclocking it is free, but can be risky if you don't know how to do it. I would probably go do a little bit of research and read up on a few things about overclocking before you actually do it. How much you can overclock your CPU also determines on your motherboard.

So before you do anything, research a bit.
OK, let me say i will not overclock it as it can be risky, my motherboard is ECS 662/1066T-M2.

Will the Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E8400
(6M Cache, 3.00 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB) be good for the pcsx2 with the 3Ghz speed and the games will run fast?
(08-15-2010, 09:51 AM)BlackCitadel Wrote: OK, let me say i will not overclock it as it can be risky, my motherboard is ECS 662/1066T-M2.

Will the Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E8400
(6M Cache, 3.00 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB) be good for the pcsx2 with the 3Ghz speed and the games will run fast?

I have an ECS motherboard as well. Although I have an AMD processor. I tried to slightly overclock my processor and it failed so I had to reset my bios.

A 3.0GHz processor is better than a 2.3GHz processor so yes the game will run faster, but that's not saying all games will run fast. Some PS2 games require an extremely fast processor to run at good speeds. With my AMD Phenom II X4 940 running at 3.0GHz, I can run Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy X, and Final Fantasy XII with an average of 50 to 60 FPS (depending on the game).