The link to why Spyro 4 Does not work.
Hello everyone.
I have found the link as to why Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly does not display the Intro. If you search through the game files, there are 2 files called "initscrn.PXT" and "initscrn.PXH". These are very likely the files the PS2 loads to start the rendering of the actual game. If someone could find a way to view these files properly or the code of it, maybe someone can fix this issue in PCSX2. To grab the files, just open your disc in Windows Explorer, or, if you backup your games, open your .ISO with an Archiver (WinRAR) and the files are right there in the root. I hope a developer can get this game working because regardless of what other people say, this was the last good Spyro game for multiple reasons i will not list here to avoid derailing. Bottom line, these files are our key to get this game working in the Emulator.
Thank you all in advance!

Sponsored links

These do sound like they are used in a startup routine but that doesn't mean they're where the game dies.
(10-09-2013, 09:36 AM)rama Wrote: These do sound like they are used in a startup routine but that doesn't mean they're where the game dies.

I think so, because the game still is running in the background, but since the game isn't rendering due to the problem, you can't select anything because the options never rendered. And the music still loops and voice can still be heard at the start meaning the game is still "thinking", but just not rendering. I hope a developer can look into this problem and find the fix for it.
Alright, i have confirmed that file is the problem to the rendering. If you remove those 2 files, the game still runs exactly how it does before so those are not files being used by the emulator. I hope a developer can make an update to PCSX2 so it will load that file either internally or externally.
You removed 2 files and nothing changed? How is that going to help?
removing files will only serve to break a game futher. The game tells the ps2 what to load, it doesn't aimlessly look around and go "ooh theres a file there, i better load that"
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

You guys don't understand this... If you remove files, yes it will break the game/not load. That's exactly why i know those 2 files are the rendering problem, because it didn't break the game upon removing it. This proves it isn't loading the file and that file starts the rendering based upon the filename. Someone needs to figure out a way to get the file loaded because that's the one that starts rendering.
(10-14-2013, 12:19 AM)Slvr99 Wrote: You guys don't understand this... If you remove files, yes it will break the game/not load. That's exactly why i know those 2 files are the rendering problem, because it didn't break the game upon removing it. This proves it isn't loading the file and that file starts the rendering based upon the filename. Someone needs to figure out a way to get the file loaded because that's the one that starts rendering.

Did you perhaps think that the files that do not load because the game stops rendering there are more than two, and that the two you put so much faith and belief in for being the problem, might NOT be the culprits? No? No.
You're also so confident in saying that these two files are responsible for the rendering. Have you got any proof? Did you actually code the game, or do you know someone who did, and possess such credible knowledge? I suppose not.

Your proof does not prove anything, and your logic is flawed.

This will be fun.
It's possible that the reason removing those files doesn't break the game further is because they wouldn't have been loaded yet anyway.

(10-13-2013, 03:07 PM)refraction Wrote: ... it doesn't aimlessly look around and go "ooh theres a file there, i better load that"

That was my LOL for the night. I can log off now yay!
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Doesn't display the intro cutscene? Don't go mucking about with files, that'll only break more stuff. Try using the Skip MPEG game fix.
PCSX2 newbie since Feburary 2013 Blush