The same Tony hawk Underground Problem
Overclocking your cpu will probably help.

I think this is (as you already figured out by yourself) one of the moments a lot of data needs to be processed by the vu at once. And this is bad if your cpu is already struggling with handling the other components. You can as well try setting vu clamping to none (which can and will break games) or try superVU as vu recompiler but I am unsure how far that would help.

Set synchronization mode in spux-2 to async mix to avoid or reduce audio stutter during lags. Unfortunately I don't know how else to solve this problem. As I said overclocking is your best chance.

(Going to bed now. Good luck in finding a satisfying solution.)

Sponsored links

bump.

also, how would I go about desperately trying to convince the devs to do a gamefix to make multithreading work?
it wouldn't be that simple, for starters you should find the conflict happening when threading VU on these games. which is currently unknown.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(08-14-2015, 05:36 AM)jhammerstrike Wrote: bump.

also, how would I go about desperately trying to convince the devs to do a gamefix to make multithreading work?

unfortunately, you would need an STR above 1800 to make it run smooth.
Your CPU's STR is around 1500.

Better play this game on your PS2 for now...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
The same framedrops happen in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 when large portions of the map are on the screen.
Have you tried what I suggested regarding vu settings?