The slowness of PCSX2 v.0.9.7
(09-06-2010, 02:26 AM)darkvirus Wrote: wel pal games are 50fps.. so for short even if its full speed for pal... 60 fps is a really constant fps to all games... well i think your too newbie about pcsx2.. as you can see pcsx2 7 is a new beta.. means.. faster.. stable.. and more bug have been fixed.. why create a new version of pcsx2 if its gonna be slow?... and your clock speed of i7.. is to low... and did you know that pcsx2 works better with core 2 and pentium dual core series.. of processor.. yes i7 is a n high end pc.. it will work in other games that dont need emulating.. so.. first learn all about pcsx2 first before posting that pcsx2 7 is slower.. you are just the one saying that... many people post about slow.. games but they did make it run faster... cause they know what to do... you should ask from the first place.. of how can u speed up your games... not.. The Slowness of pcsx2 7.. btw.. 3.0ghz is a required speed for pcsx2 to run at constant 60fps.. but if u have lower clock speed using speed hacks will make it for you.. but as they said.. speed hack gives false fps...

How the clock speed of my computer can be low if many games with r1888 i run them with the full speed, all of the 2d and half of the 3d ones, even being with the stock speed?
How can you say DARKVIRUS that a Core I7 like mine it is worse than a Core 2 dual-core or a pentium dual-core or even Core 2 quad? If a core i7 quad-core have a better frequency like 3.2GHz or 3.33GHz like the 975 moreover with the multiplier unlocked, the Core 2 duo is that frequency it is, it hasn't chance. Is that if we compare a Core 2 quad with a Core i7, it not exist possible comparison. The Core i7 it's always better than a Core 2 Quad because the Core i7 920 it's a quad-core genuine it was developed and it is manufactured in one single die, it was one of the first to be a genuine intel quad-core and it is multi-threadend, and for that have better performance than any Core 2, to the contrary the Core 2 Quad are two dual-core processors in to dies and it isn't multi-threadend like the Core 2 Duo. For that when the ps2 emulation pass for to 4 cores the Core i7, i think, it will be better, it will have a better performance than the Core 2 quad or that the Core 2 Duo.The people here which like the ps2 emulation trie the r1888 on XP32, XP64 or Vista if it isn't faster than 0.9.7.

Sponsored links

Quote:Is that if we compare a Core 2 quad with a Core i7, it not exist possible comparison. The Core i7 it's always better than a Core 2 Quad because the Core i7 920 it's a quad-core genuine it was developed and it is manufactured in one single die, it was one of the first to be a genuine intel quad-core

Corei7 is faster clock to clock than Core 2 Duos or Core 2 Quads, but only by 8-10% max. The rest you mentioned have absolutely no impact on the efficiency of the processor.

Quote:and it is multi-threadend, and for that have better performance than any Core 2, to the contrary the Core 2 Quad are two dual-core processors in to dies and it isn't multi-threadend like the Core 2 Duo

Corei7 have hyper-threading ( I guess that's what you tried saying by multi threaded) which makes them have 2 extra threads per core. That's all nice and fine but nothing to do with PCSX2 performance which only uses 2 threads, so actually 2/4 cores or if you like 2/8 threads your i7 has.

[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-06-2010, 01:15 PM)Spiffy Wrote: i really thought having/upgrading to i7 would give u best/stable pcsx2 fps. Sad

well i7 is good but get high ghz as far as i remamber tkman had i7 1.7 ghz 4 cores but the speed is slow because of the slow cpu ( its not slow but pcsx2 only use 50% of it as i said in the post) so bigger the ghz is more important than more cores
If you want faster speed (FPS) with PCSX2, you should reconsider your stance against overclocking. >_<

Cranking an i-core CPU up to 3.6 GHz should get you to a solid 60 FPS with the vast majority of NTSC PS2 games.
Very few games require 4 GHz.

Some games are just coded weird and can't reach the target FPS, regardless of CPU Speed, (Such as Tales of Symphonia) until a future revision of PCSX2.
For those few games, it might also require an addition set of SSE functions, such as AVX.
When it comes to AVX, it is still kinda a mystery as to wether or not it'll be usefull for PS2 Emulation. I think we gotta wait till cpus with that functionality are released, and in the coder's computers.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/256144...king-guide
My PCSX2 Rig:Windows XP x32 & Windows 7 x64.
i5 2500k @ 4.0 GHz.
nVIDIA GTX 460 1 GB.
>Dun Click Here<