The slowness of PCSX2 v.0.9.7
Hi,

I have experienced a lot of games with this version and i notice that they are slower than in the previous beta (r1888). I notice that in the 3d games. I experienced the following games:

Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution - PAL
Soul Calibur II - NTSC
Soul Calibur III - PAL
The King Of Fighters Maximum Impact RegulatioN A - NTSC
The King Of Route 66 - PAL
Tekken Tag Tournament - PAL
The God Hand - NTSC

The difference is about 10 frames less in 0.9.7.
My Specs:

Processor - Intel Core i7 920 - default speed
Graphic Card - Radeon HD 4870 1GB
Ram Memory - 6GB 1866MHz DDR3 Triple Channel
Hard Drives - WD 500GB Sata2 Black Edition and Samsung 500GB Sata2 Raid 0 - 0

Sponsored links

speed hacks give false fbs
if you have speed problem use frame skkiping (its so usefull)
well this version is a beta (it might help and it might be stink to other games
(09-05-2010, 01:50 PM)abdo123 Wrote: well this version is a beta (it might help and it might be stink to other games
I noticed that slowness in all games that i mentioned. Some of those i run them at 100% with the r1888.
I forgot to say that i used Windows XP64 SP2 for r1888 and 0.9.7 and 0.9.7 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, because r1888 doesn't works on Windows 7.
7 makes pcsx2 slower (tested ) 7 is created for high end comp (youre cpu is slow ) cmpatibilty mode in proprties ( xp pack 3 ) will make it faster
lacp: 0.9.7 is slower when using MicroVU, it's the new recompiler that has better compatibility. To regain the speed of the older versions, switch to SuperVU (the old recompiler). It should have the same compatibility as before, but will lack the compatibility improvements.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(09-05-2010, 02:33 PM)abdo123 Wrote: 7 makes pcsx2 slower (tested ) 7 is created for high end comp (youre cpu is slow ) cmpatibilty mode in proprties ( xp pack 3 ) will make it faster
My cpu it isn't slow, has is a lower frequency for the 100% speed emulation in almost games. It's in the high end desktop computer line, it'sn't a 970 or a 980X but it is in that line. My computer works very well with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. My Core i7 920 would need, at least, a frequency of 3.2GHz for perfect emulation in almost games, because the PCSX2 it isn't perfect, it is very demanding even for actual high-range desktops, still needs more work by the developpers for all games work at full speed, work that i appreciate very much and i recognize to be dificult, beyond of the pc requirements.

well why dont you tell me its 3.2 ghz that good well i thought its lower than 2ghz like some i7
(09-05-2010, 03:13 PM)abdo123 Wrote: well why dont you tell me its 3.2 ghz that good well i thought its lower than 2ghz like some i7
The default frequency of my Core i7 920 quad-core Nehalem Bloomfield it's 2.67GHz per core.
thats prety good i have 2.2 ghz and i can play any game at high speed ( ofcoruse with alittile bit playing with the program )
I don't overdrive my computer, i don't meddle in it, i donĀ“t want problems for my computer. i don't even know work with overclocking. I talked about the 3.2GHz because it's the frequency that my Cpu should have, at least, for the 100% emulation, in almost games.