The use of D3D internal res:
My understand is that this is what the game is rendered at. So it wouldn't make much sense to set it higher then your output device. So if your monitor resolution is 1280x1024 then setting it to 4096x4096 wouldn't make sense unless there's something I'm missing here.
Phenom II 965 oc 3.9Ghz, ATI 5870, 4 Gigs RAM, Win7-64

Sponsored links

It basically applies supersampling AA when your monitor scales it down to your screen res. It might be better to use a multiple of your res though if you want equal horizontal and vertical AA.
this thread has the information you need:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2747-page-4.html

a post from me in this thread with screenshots to compare resolution settings:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2747-post...l#pid14112

=> higher internal resolution looks better, but anti aliasing looks best :)
What I like about internal res is not only the smoothing on the edges but it helps get rid of the annoying flicker texture crawl. Oh and Ottoman were you using the csaa modes or the true msaa modes? Also setting the internal resolution to that of 2x2 supersampling should give similar results depending on how the scaling down is done. Oh And did enabling AF through nhancer do anything at all?
I tried AF, didn't help too much actually.
Bah and here I thought it might be a quick fix to the flashing texture crawl without the need to use higher res and thus slow the game down.
Actually AF does work as in any other 3D application I know of. Thus it can make a big difference, depending on the game.

Here are some old screenshots I made of Shadow of the Colossus. First without AF, second with 16x AF:

I don't have SoC, I have tested it with FF12/SO3 only. There wasn't so major diff between, so, I disabled it to get more FPS.
(02-18-2009, 11:24 AM)Kein Wrote: I don't have SoC, I have tested it with FF12/SO3 only. There wasn't so major diff between, so, I disabled it to get more FPS.

Should cause no performance drops at all with any half-decent graphics card.
Yeah even 16x AF causes only like a hit of 5 frames in the most demanding of games these days.