Poll: Would you like such a feature?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yay (yes)
33.33%
1 33.33%
Nay (no)
66.67%
2 66.67%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Date Warning
I've seen on other forums that if a thread has not been replyed to within 3 weeks or so then it displays a small message near the quick reply box saying "This thread has not been replied to since [the date 3 weeks earlier]". I think this may help people realize the age of the thread before hitting the "reply" button.

Or maybe there could be a check box saying "Check this if you know that this thread is over 3 weeks old" and then allow them to reply. What does everyone else thing?

Sponsored links

I usually look at the date for the last post in the thread.
AMD Phenom II X4 975 BE OC 4.0 GHz, Corsair Hydro H70
AMD Radeon HD 6990 OC, Accelero Twin Turbo
ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX
OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240 Gb
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
(04-12-2013, 03:36 AM)ps2freak Wrote: I usually look at the date for the last post in the thread.

Same here. However some users don't and sometimes necro (bring to life) threads that have been dead for year(s).

It is not bad to bring up an old conversation, but it is better just to make your own thread.
Yeah that should be nice, I'm sure there is some mybb plugin for that. Will check
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Agreed, that would be nice.

And while at the subject of responding to old threads, I've seen quite a few threads closed for this. While closing could be appropriate on some cases, I think that on many cases posting to such threads should be allowed, and especially if the issue is still unresolved, or if there's some new relevant info on the subject (and new info might even be that the issue is still unresolved with latest SVN build).

And even if a new post doesn't add new info, a later post might, so closing such thread would be a punishment of the community for one "wrong" post, as this thread might still be good place for discussing that issue, but not when it's closed.

On cases where a useless post is posted to an old thread, I suggest to just remind the user that this is an old thread, and unless s/he has some relevant info, there's no need in reviving it for nothing, but keep the thread open.

Just my $0.03
Apparently the only mybb plugin that does that is buggy and not working -_-
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-19-2013, 12:38 PM)Bositman Wrote: Apparently the only mybb plugin that does that is buggy and not working -_-

That's a shame.