Thrustmaster T500 RS - Configuration
Good morning,

Yesterday I've try to install the PCSX2 Emulator and run the Enthusia Professional Racing simulator.

I was trying to map all the buttons in analog and progresive mode to feel a realistic touch but I'm having some issues during the process.

Can someone with the needed experience help me in the process, please?

This is what I want set up:

The steering wheel (a maximun 1080 degress), the pedals (Throtle, brake and clutch) and finally the gear up/down lever.

I also want know if there will be posibility to modify the steering range configuration like for another PC simulator and try it on PCSX2.

About the rest, the system works. It needs some technical tweeks becouse the resolution is something like 600 x 400 and the image haven't got the quality I wish. In another hand, appeare some vertical black lines during the game launch and they are always visible. I hope this one also can be configuration issue.

Any advices for thoses things?

Thank you for your time and usefull information.

Have a nice day.

Best regards.

Sponsored links

I don't think any input plugin will be able to support fully a steering wheel, pedals and gear yet I'm afraid.
For the vertical lines (and image quality) configure GSdx, uncheck 'native' and try setting D3D internal res to 1200x1200 or 720x1280
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-12-2012, 11:51 AM)Bositman Wrote: I don't think any input plugin will be able to support fully a steering wheel, pedals and gear yet I'm afraid.
For the vertical lines (and image quality) configure GSdx, uncheck 'native' and try setting D3D internal res to 1200x1200 or 720x1280

Good morning Bositman,

Thank you for your reply.

So, there is no any "partial" solution for steering wheel?

Thank you.

Best regards.
(03-12-2012, 11:51 AM)Bositman Wrote: I don't think any input plugin will be able to support fully a steering wheel, pedals and gear yet I'm afraid.

LilyPad acknowledges and allows me to map and configure all three of my hardware driving devices.....ECCI 7000, CST Pedals, and TH8RS Shifter.

ECSH........ make sure you have directInput checked in LilyPad.
(03-13-2012, 09:16 AM)Isamu Wrote: LilyPad acknowledges and allows me to map and configure all three of my hardware driving devices.....ECCI 7000, CST Pedals, and TH8RS Shifter.

ECSH........ make sure you have directInput checked in LilyPad.

Good morning,

Thank you Isamu for your reply into the forum and also via E - Mail.

I will post right here the instructions you send me with your permission.

I think it can helps to some other user to get working the needed devices.

Personally I didn't try it yet. I hope I can do it tomorrow.

------------------------------

Steering Wheel mapping Instructions by Isamu:
---------------------------------------------

1)Open LilyPad, then click on the "Pad1" tab.

2)Once there, on the right hand side, you will see all the functions for the PS1 Dual Shock controller. Click on the function you want to map, then press the button on your wheel or pedal to map it. It will then show up on the *LEFT* side of the window.

3)For analog steering, look at the section in LilyPad that says "Left Analog Stick" and proceed to click the button that says "Left", and then then turn your T500RS Wheel to the left. Now, do the same thing for turning right, by pressing the "Right" button in LilyPad. It will then map the Playstation *left and right* analog stick to your T500RS wheel.

4)For the gas pedal, click the button in LilyPad that says "Right Stick Analog>Up", then press the gas pedal on your T500RS. For the brake, press the button in Lilypad that says "Right Stick Analog > Down", then press the brake pedal on the T500RS.

5)For any other PS1 pad function, press any button in the LilyPad that corresponds to the real PlayStation controller(is Cross, Circle, Start, Select, etc...) and then proceed to map them to any button on the wheel that you want.

6)To change the analog rotation and make it as sensitive as you want, try adjusting the sensitivity slider in Lilypad and start by putting it all the way to the left. Then move it slightly to the right, until you have the sensitivity that you want. My ECCI 7000 is 900 degrees of rotation, so I usually keep the sensitivity right at 3.935. I leave the deadzone slider all the way to the left. Also make sure "Turbo" is unchecked".

7)Once you have all the buttons and axis configured, go back to the "General" tab in Lilypad, and make sure that "DirectInput" is checked under Input API and GameDevice API, and under "Miscellaneous", put a check next to "Disable Screensaver", and "Local Volume control".

------------------------------

Thank you.

Best regards.
Good night,

I'm coming back after another steering wheel control mapping attempt.

The problem is that during the LilyPad Plugin controls mapping, each new axis or button I select remap the previous one overwriting.

The steering wheel is working sucessfully with the rest of the PC titles.

Any specified advice?

Thank you.