TimeSplitters Problem
Hello,

Im new with PCSX2... I want to Play TimeSplitters: Future Perfect. In Graphic settings i tried DX9 and DX11 (Hardware) but than i have ingame green stripes but im constant on 60 fps. When i use DX9 or 11 (Software) i dont have this green stripes, but 40-50 fps, And in Firefights 30-40 FPS... Im using an Disc from the USA and US Bios 2.0

Pc Specs:
i7-6700
GTX960- 4GB
8GB DDR4

I hope someone can help me Biggrin

Razzer Biggrin

Sponsored links

(03-02-2016, 11:31 PM)Razzer1337 Wrote: Hello,

Im new with PCSX2... I want to Play TimeSplitters: Future Perfect. In Graphic settings i tried DX9 and DX11 (Hardware) but than i have ingame green stripes but im constant on 60 fps. When i use DX9 or 11 (Software) i dont have this green stripes, but 40-50 fps, And in Firefights 30-40 FPS... Im using an Disc from the USA and US Bios 2.0

Pc Specs:
i7-6700
GTX960- 4GB
8GB DDR4

I hope someone can help me Biggrin

Razzer Biggrin

For the time being, you're better off emulating time splitters: Future Perfect via Dolphin.  It's a lot more stable and less demanding.  
The difference between your Hardware and Software is normal for this game, but you can try speedups, small video config changes and EE/VU changes to increase performance and possibly lower the graphical bugs you run into.  However, I have to admit, right now Dolphin does a better job with this game.  

Hope this helps,
Right2Live
if he /she owns it in PS2 format, why would he/she buy it again in gamecube format ?
you're wealthy, good for your. but keep in mind not everyone is.

@OP try opengl backend + hardware depth
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-03-2016, 07:38 AM)jesalvein Wrote: if he /she owns it in PS2 format, why would he/she buy it again in gamecube format ?
you're wealthy, good for your. but keep in mind not everyone is.

@OP try opengl backend + hardware depth

you marked me as spam because i tried to help?  Also, i didn't say OP needed to buy a gamecube, controller, memory stick, and game or that they needed to sell their soul to Dolphin.  Honestly, first impression of this community is pretty ***** if you're already trying to ostracize me for offering advice for playing a game with the current best quality possible. 

But anyway, you can "buy the GC game" and then legally download the rom for it to run in Dolphin, the gamecube emulator.  If we experienced the same issues, there's nothing you can alter to fix the striping issue, to my knowledge.
(03-03-2016, 08:22 AM)Right2Live Wrote: you marked me as spam because i tried to help?  Also, i didn't say OP needed to buy a gamecube, controller, memory stick, and game or that they needed to sell their soul to Dolphin.  Honestly, first impression of this community is pretty ***** if you're already trying to ostracize me for offering advice for playing a game with the current best quality possible. 
this is pcsx2 forums. If your 1st post is "go use dolphin" for this game, where did you help the OP with a pcsx2 issue ?
Quote:But anyway, you can "buy the GC game" and then legally download the rom for it to run in Dolphin

You may find it "legal" if you want, we don't. please read the forum rules (you agreed them when registering) before posting.
(03-03-2016, 09:23 AM)jesalvein Wrote: this is pcsx2 forums. If your 1st post is "go use dolphin" for this game, where did you help the OP with a pcsx2 issue ?

Quote:Right2Live

The difference between your Hardware and Software is normal for this game, but you can try speedups, small video config changes and EE/VU changes to increase performance and possibly lower the graphical bugs you run into. 

Not sure where that was lost on you.
My bad on this.
I shall remove the warning since you actually tried to give a pcsx2-wise advice
still, the advice of using Dolphin instead isn't valid since it would require the user to buy a game he already owns another time
Quote:but than i have ingame green stripes but im constant on 60 fps.

It's possibly related to the bad draw of depth textures, try the following for the mentioned hardware renderers.

D3D9/D3D11: Set Skipdraw hack to 1 on HW hacks dialog.
OpenGL: Enable HW depth.
(03-03-2016, 10:00 AM)ssakash Wrote: It's possibly related to the bad draw of depth textures, try the following for the mentioned hardware renderers.

D3D9/D3D11: Set Skipdraw hack to 1 on HW hacks dialog.
OpenGL: Enable HW depth.

Thx with OpenGL it works. But now i got sometimes on the lower half of screen some Graphically Errors Like Big Pixels. U know what i mean ?
(03-03-2016, 11:06 PM)Razzer1337 Wrote: Thx with OpenGL it works. But now i got sometimes on the lower half of screen some Graphically Errors Like Big Pixels. U know what i mean ?

Did you try enabling other OpenGL related options like accurate date and Blending unit accuracy (higher levels) ? that might fix the issues.