Tips on Ratchet and Clank
I've been trying to get Ratchet and Clank 3 (Up your arsenal) working. And with rev. 1888 it is getting close, but the frames per second are simply staying too low. I gather my processor may be too slow (Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 @2.66GHz) Speed hacks do not really seem to improve things. Are there any tips or tricks on getting the game playable on my system? Which graphics plugin would be best?

Also which of the three Ratchet and Clank games would be most suitable for playing on my system?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Unfortunately noobs only learn by asking....Blush

Sponsored links

What's your graphics card? Emulation doesn't only rely on your CPU; a mid-range graphics card is also required to run at many games at full speeds and at higher resolutions.

If your graphics card is DX10 capable and you're running either Vista or 7, use the latest available GSdx SSE4.1 version in DX10 Hardware mode, and check Native resolution. Otherwise use DX9 Hardware mode.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
(11-04-2009, 01:17 AM)boogerthe2nd Wrote: What's your graphics card? Emulation doesn't only rely on your CPU; a mid-range graphics card is also required to run at many games at full speeds and at higher resolutions.

If your graphics card is DX10 capable and you're running either Vista or 7, use the latest available GSdx SSE4.1 version in DX10 Hardware mode, and check Native resolution. Otherwise use DX9 Hardware mode.

My graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce 7050/NVIDIA nForce 610i. Would that be sufficient?
Nope that won't do it. It's an extremely weak onboard graphics card. You should get a dedicated graphics card like a Geforce 9600 GT (or higher) to enjoy proper speeds in PCSX2 (and most modern PC games)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
That is an integrated graphics processor (which are always significantly weaker than mid-ranged dedicated graphics cards) from 3 generations ago. Definitely not sufficient for full-speed emulation.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
Thanks guys, I know where I'm at now.
I have the same problem except i may have a more powerful Graphics card.
These are my specs are they good enough?

CPU Vendor GenuineIntel

Family Intel® Core™ i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27 GHZ

CPU Speed 2.260 MHZ

Features MMX,SSE,SSE2,SSE3,SSSE3,SSS34.1

RAM 4.00 GB

Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5165
Reviving my PS2 is with my computer is prooving to be a harder feat than at first thought.Laugh
Yep but you have a lower clocked cpu. PCSX2 loves higher clocks. You could try overclocking it a bit.
My PS2 Resurrected:
AMD Phenom II x4 oc 3.4ghz
GTX 560 1gb
Western Digital 300gb hdd
4gb ddr800 kingston ram
Asrock N68-S Motherboard
How much do you think i should overclock it by? Right now i can squeeze the speed to about 2.300 MHZ before i damage it.
Reviving my PS2 is with my computer is prooving to be a harder feat than at first thought.Laugh
Its your call, but I suggest at least reaching the 3.0ghz area should be enough for most games.

edit: I noticed your running on a laptop. Unless you have a way of cooling down that thing its usually not recomended to OC a laptop. Well its your choice.
My PS2 Resurrected:
AMD Phenom II x4 oc 3.4ghz
GTX 560 1gb
Western Digital 300gb hdd
4gb ddr800 kingston ram
Asrock N68-S Motherboard