To put it simply: I don't have a bleeding clue
(01-10-2009, 11:43 PM)Graylord Wrote: No, it your cd/dvd plugin just simply states it is reading your disc.

What plugin do you use?

Under Cdvdrom is has Linuzapplz Iso CDVD 0.7.0

You mean that?

EDIT: Changed it to CDVDnull Driver 0.6.0. Works fine, except it acts as if there's no disc in the tray!

Sponsored links

And that's where the guide comes in handy Tongue2
It is normal since cdvdnull is equivalent to no disc at all.
You should use Linuzappz Iso CDVD only if you you're running your game from an iso image.
Otherwise use another plugin (eg. Peops...), and make sure to configure it and specify the drive containing your game.
Kiyoka : Null drivers act as there is no device so having a null cdrom drive means that you will not be able to load a game. There are two things you can do. Either use Linzapplz and load the iso from there (but i found it messes up a bit more) or you can use PEOps CDVD with deamon tools.

DVD: Just point PE Ops to the drive letter

ISO:
you get damon tools here http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/download.ph...ry&catid=5
Damon tools pretends to make a dvd drive and can load iso (aka games) into memory under a certain drive letter.

Mount by right clicking on the bottom right icon and select the iso.

Some of these games DO not work right and glitch and have slow downs... you really need to fiddle with settings and configurations to get it to work well and it takes time and understanding. I am not saying you cannot do it but it will best to understand that its going to be hard.

Greylord : Of course piracy is not what i was suggesting when i said google. I was referring to figuring out how to get the bios from his ps2, of course...but if you are wondering i do own a PS2, gathering dust in my closet.
Death Notebook - (Killer Notebooks)
X9000 OC Dual 3.0 : GeForce 8800M GTX : 4 GB OCZ Ram
(01-11-2009, 12:48 AM)spawn4 Wrote: And that's where the guide comes in handy Tongue2
It is normal since cdvdnull is equivalent to no disc at all.
You should use Linuzappz Iso CDVD only if you you're running your game from an iso image.
Otherwise use another plugin (eg. Peops...), and make sure to configure it and specify the drive containing your game.

Well it just gives me an error when I try playing the CD/DVD. Both options in interface don't work. Always gives me Error loading.

It says.. "If neither work,try installing an ASPI layer like the one from adaptec. Yes, it's that simple!" Not that simple I'm afraid, that was like speaking french to me. What does it mean?

Quote:I was referring to figuring out how to get the bios from his ps2, of

I'm female...
Strange, usually the XP interface works without problems.
I'd suggest this:
-Install ForceAspi (freeware): http://force_aspi_18.w.interia.pl/forceaspi18.zip (click INSTASPI.BAT)
-Restart if necessary
-Run pcsx2 again. In the peops plugin options, select the second interface (ASPI one)

and see if the error persists... waiting for better solution to come (hopefully).
Kiyoka, before u go any further into this, what's the specs for your PC? CPU, RAM, video card etc..

EDIT: ehh.. I guess she finally got it to work lol
[Image: a0iic2.png]
Vista Home Premium 64-bit | E8500 @4.2GHz (526x8) ~1.30V
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P | 4Gb 1066mhz Corsair XMS2
Radeon HD 4850 OC 10% | 1.14TB (640+500gb) WDC
Antec Nine Hundred | Antec Earthwatts 500w
(01-11-2009, 04:20 AM)creamsoda Wrote: Kiyoka, before u go any further into this, what's the specs for your PC? CPU, RAM, video card etc..

EDIT: ehh.. I guess she finally got it to work lol

*swats creamsoda with a lead bat* No, not everyone lives in America or what not... I'm in England, I had to go sleepy sleep Tongue

Spawn4, the solution never worked.

Secondly, here's what the error says on that black screen or what not.

rom2 NOT FOUND

erom NOT FOUND

GIF reset
NTSC

As for specs, don't laugh at my n00biness D:

Processor: AMD Athlon ™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+, MMX, 3Dnow (2CPUs)

RAM: 1022MB

NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS

Anything else? @_@
Ok. you have a delicate problem with your system (?)
As a last resort, you can always make an ISO image of your game and run pcsx2 from the ISO file instead of your CD/DVD drive (choosing linuzappz plugin this time).

Try to make an ISO of your game with tools like Nero, Alcohol, CdburnerXP...

(01-11-2009, 01:05 PM)Kiyoka Wrote: Secondly, here's what the error says on that black screen or what not.

rom2 NOT FOUND

erom NOT FOUND

Don't worry about those files, they are just optional. Having the bios alone is fine.
Ok, here's what you do.. I'm gonna break it down into steps since you're very new to this =)

1. Download and install ImgBurn (it's free, just google it)
2. Run ImgBurn & select "Create image from disc" (make sure your game is in the CD/DVD drive)
3. Select a directory where you want the ISO image to be extracted to.
4. Click the button with the disc & harddrive picture, and wait for it to finish extracting.
5. Go into Pcsx2's plugins configuration. Select "Linuzappz Iso CDVD 0.7.0" and click OK to exit
6. Still in Pcsx2, go to File > Run CD/DVD, and load up the ISO image you created.

But I should warn you.. This emulator will run VERY slow on your computer. Good Luck lol..
[Image: a0iic2.png]
Vista Home Premium 64-bit | E8500 @4.2GHz (526x8) ~1.30V
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P | 4Gb 1066mhz Corsair XMS2
Radeon HD 4850 OC 10% | 1.14TB (640+500gb) WDC
Antec Nine Hundred | Antec Earthwatts 500w
Okay Creamsoda..

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x5/Ki...HellNo.jpg

Horrid graphic distortion in level.

Horrid sound quality.

Horrid speed.

Mellow

edit: sound was fixed by switching. But graphics? Hell no!