To put it simply: I don't have a bleeding clue
You're using ZeroGS graphics plugin so no wonder the graphics are bad lol

Download Gsdx 0.1.13 and put it in your plugins folder. It's much better than ZeroGS

Use these settings for Gsdx 883 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2):
Resolution: Windowed
Renderer: Directx 9
Shader: Pixel Shader 2.0
Interlacing: Bob tff/bff or Blend tff/bff
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
D3D internal res: Native
In the bottom 6 boxes, enable "Texture filtering", "Logarithmic Z", & "Alpha correction".

Then go to Config > CPU, and enable "MTGS" & "Dual-Core mode".

That's the best configuration for your CPU & video card. Good luck!
[Image: a0iic2.png]
Vista Home Premium 64-bit | E8500 @4.2GHz (526x8) ~1.30V
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P | 4Gb 1066mhz Corsair XMS2
Radeon HD 4850 OC 10% | 1.14TB (640+500gb) WDC
Antec Nine Hundred | Antec Earthwatts 500w

Sponsored links

(01-12-2009, 12:40 AM)creamsoda Wrote: You're using ZeroGS graphics plugin so no wonder the graphics are bad lol

Download Gsdx 0.1.13 and put it in your plugins folder. It's much better than ZeroGS

In the bottom 6 boxes, enable "Texture filtering", "Logarithmic Z", & "Alpha correction".

The graphics have... improved a bit, but not much. The Frames per second have gone up to around 30. It's still obviously slow, but alteast it's not 12 fps!

One thing I noticed was the loading screens were so fast it made me giddy with joy. Shame the game crawls.
(01-12-2009, 02:09 AM)Kiyoka Wrote:
(01-12-2009, 12:40 AM)creamsoda Wrote: You're using ZeroGS graphics plugin so no wonder the graphics are bad lol

The graphics have... improved a bit, but not much. The Frames per second have gone up to around 30. It's still obviously slow, but alteast it's not 12 fps!

One thing I noticed was the loading screens were so fast it made me giddy with joy. Shame the game crawls.

Your computer may not be fast enough for 3D games like Tenchu, but try some 2D games, they run 2-3 times faster than the 3D games.

Also, use the "VM" version of the emulator. It's faster than the "TLB" version. If you get a "memory allocation error", just relog or restart your computer.

BTW, Tenchu isn't emulated very well right now. the graphics look like crap on my emulator too. Try some different games.
[Image: a0iic2.png]
Vista Home Premium 64-bit | E8500 @4.2GHz (526x8) ~1.30V
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P | 4Gb 1066mhz Corsair XMS2
Radeon HD 4850 OC 10% | 1.14TB (640+500gb) WDC
Antec Nine Hundred | Antec Earthwatts 500w
Quote:Your computer may not be fast enough for 3D games like Tenchu, but try some 2D games, they run 2-3 times faster than the 3D games.

Also, use the "VM" version of the emulator. It's faster than the "TLB" version. If you get a "memory allocation error", just relog or restart your computer.

BTW, Tenchu isn't emulated very well right now. the graphics look like crap on my emulator too. Try some different games.

Poor Tenchu isn't well emulated atm? Bad Tenchu! But when you say fast enough, that's quite weird hearing that. The fact I can run PC games better than that. Weeeird. I must be patient and it will work one day o_o

Oh, and I don't have any 2D games for the Ps2.

Oh and the VM version? no chance. Everytime, log off for restart I always get the "cannot allocate memory" thing.
if you get the try to run it as adminitrator
(01-12-2009, 02:01 PM)Kiyoka Wrote: But when you say fast enough, that's quite weird hearing that. The fact I can run PC games better than that. Weeeird.

Emulating a game is a whole different story than running a game actually built for the platform.
(01-12-2009, 06:48 PM)Graylord Wrote:
(01-12-2009, 02:01 PM)Kiyoka Wrote: But when you say fast enough, that's quite weird hearing that. The fact I can run PC games better than that. Weeeird.

Emulating a game is a whole different story than running a game actually built for the platform.

Yes, I'm too noobish to realise Ninja
(01-12-2009, 10:52 PM)Kiyoka Wrote: Yes, I'm too noobish to realise Ninja

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2330.html

All explained there XD
(01-12-2009, 11:02 PM)Krakatos Wrote:
(01-12-2009, 10:52 PM)Kiyoka Wrote: Yes, I'm too noobish to realise Ninja

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2330.html

All explained there XD

Do you honestly think I understand that? Laugh
Well, the info is there Tongue

But basically, an emulator is doing something that was not supposed to be done. And that is, emulating a different architecture. And so it needs a lot of cpu power to b able to do that.

It can still get the work done if you apply enough cpu power, but it was something that was not supposed to work that way, so it's "expensive" Smile