Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero freezing with max Odometer cheat on
(06-20-2023, 07:41 PM)jesalvein Wrote: would be nice to show the OSD
are you running your games from an usb device ?

I'm not too sure what you mean by OSD. But no, I don't run my games out of a USB Device, I have them installed in my M.2 SSD

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

tick all
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-20-2023, 10:02 PM)jesalvein Wrote: tick all
I'm assuming you want a video with all the stuff going on so here it is
Oh and if it helps any, if I were to use both the odometer and infinite money cheat, PCSX2 only says that there's "1 cheat patches are active" if I remember correctly, shouldn't it be more? or does it count that one .pnach file as a "cheat file"?
ok. and everything works fine without any patch ?
(06-21-2023, 05:06 PM)jesalvein Wrote: ok. and everything works fine without any patch ?
In theory it should be fine with cheats disabled, but I'll test it out for throughness sake
(06-21-2023, 05:06 PM)jesalvein Wrote: ok. and everything works fine without any patch ?
Holy *****. Ok I found the problem, and it's kinda on me

In a separate game. Gran Turismo 4, if you don't tweak some of the Advanced Settings; EmotionEngine and Vector Units. There's some UI elements that one pop out. For example the "Throttle" at the bottom of the screen or the split times and the time away from your closest opponent.

Resetting all that to default for TXR 0 fixes the freezing issue. But again, I'll need to test it with the odometer cheat in case if that wasn't the cause. But I'm 99% sure that me messing with the advanced settings was
???? you messed with them globally instead of setting them per-game ?
(06-21-2023, 05:59 PM)jesalvein Wrote: ???? you messed with them globally instead of setting them per-game ?
Yeah, that was way before I found out you could do that. And that I used to use 1.6 before switching over, which was a "all or nothing" change