Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory [SLUS 21137] (U)
Conclusion I'm too slow with my phone Tongue2

Quote:Does the top-left corner bug affect all the OpenGL options? I've encountered a top-left only effect with the Hardware Depth fix for FlatOut(series).
Couple of games have the effect disabled due to CRC hack and others options. However it also used the depth buffer effect. Basically (most of the time) the effect is just a way to move the bits [23:16] from the depth buffer to a texture. But you can use it to move from any texture.

Sponsored links

So I checked an old branch and try to remember what must be done. Actually it is more complicated if we want to implement correctly (i.e. fix others game effect for free). We need
1/ Absolute addressing [0;N] instead of relative addressing [0/N; N/N] of texture.
2/ We need to detect sub-RT offset
3/ Either implement texture conversion or hack to avoid it (move channel b to channel r).

The trick of 1 is that it will requires more work from the GPU. Worst case would be the SW filtering which is 4x slower. And it might not be compatible with custom resolution.
then more work from the GPU it is Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

1)Game title: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory [SLUS 21137] (U)
2)ELF name: 
3)Game CRC: 

PC Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7 @ 3.4GHz (8MB)
GPU: Nvidia GTX750ti 2GB
RAM: 8-16GB

Build Description: PCSX2 1.5.0 [dev-1909 Win (10, 64x)]
GSdx MSVC 19.00 SSE41 [26 02 2017] 
LilyPad 0.12.0 [26 02 2017]
SPU2-X 2.0.0 [26 02 2017]
cdvdGigaherz 0.11.0 [26 02 2017]
USBnull Driver 0.7.0 [26 02 2017]
FWnull Driver 0.7.0 [26 02 2017]
DEV9null Driver 0.5.0 [26 02 2017]

Backup before save | Automatic Gamefixes 

Preset 2 - Safe (faster)
Speedhacks Used:
N/A -- (Following Preset 2)
Gamefixes Used:
N/A -- (Following Preset 2)

GSDX:
Nvidia GTX750ti 2GB | OpenGL (Hardware)  | Interlacing=auto
Large Framebuffer | 2xNative | Texture Filtering= Bilinear (PS2) | Anisotropic off | MipMapping (Ins) = off | CRC Hack = Full
Blending Unit Accuracy= Medium 
SPU2-X:
Vol 100% | Latency 149ms (avg) | TimeStretch (Recommended) 

Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game): Completed-game

Comments:
Game runs great in Hardware modes by default setting.
Thermal vision is working @ OGL (HW) only by default setting.
Darker gameplay requires brightness increments from “shader config” for better graphic looking.

Bugs:
# Freezing Cutscenes @ hardware mode only.                Fixed by; Toggling (F9) each time starting to watch the cutscenes.
                                                                                  OR            Software Mode (F9) 
Status
Playable
Does the automatic fmv switch gamesfix not work?

(03-12-2017, 01:49 PM)refraction Wrote: Does the automatic fmv switch gamesfix not work?

Yes not working here. The starting cutscenes-image freezes and stays on hardware, unless if I toggle (F9).
OK thanks, just wanted to check if the auto switch (which does that for you) worked to avoid messing around with manually switching