Tomb Raider Anniversary screen noise
Hi!
I've tryied to search in forums about my problem, but I wasn't able to find anything. Please pardon my english : P

I have Tomb Raider Anniversary original for PS2, but my console doesn't work ( *sigh* ) so I want to play it on my pc.
Specs:
Win7 64-bit
Intel i5 660
2 GB ram (sigh)
ATI Radeon HD 5700 series (5770 I think)

I'm using pcsx2 0.9.6 (because the lastest I've found 1888 says there's GS plugin)
GSdx 890 SSSE3 .14 Direct3d10 (Hardware) Blend bff Windowed
Gigaherz's CDVD 0.7.0
DEV9null 0.3.0
SPU2-X 1.1.0

Hoping it's enough. It loads TR, I can watch the intro video and when it comes on the main page I see a lot of noise behind menù over Lara. Thought was just that I started the game.. but it doesn't change what I get is the img attached.

Might it be the bios? I really hope not ._.

I hope you can help me because I'm really sad about my ps2 ; ;

Sponsored links

Bios does not affect the gmaeplay of any games as far as I know. For example I dumped the bios of my Pal PS2 and my original japanese PS2 and they both work fine. Why aren't you using the latest beta? I didn't really get what you meant about GS plugins. Try again with the latest beta and latest plugin sets you could find on

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Forum-Public-beta-builds--71
Working full time to build new PC by the end of the year
Ok I followed your advice. r1888 was just saying that "he" missed administration permission for the plugins. Anyway I can run TR:A on the beta but same problem as before.. that noise is still here.

Just another question: if the screen moves (like in the loading screens which should be fixed), like trembles up and down.. is it bios fault?
No... why do you assume BIOS fault for everything? xD

Anyway try a (Software) renderer and if that helps you could try the SkipDraw hack in the GSdx 0.1.16 beta for hardware.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
ahahaha Because I don't understand it : P

You were right! Thanks!! I'll try the hack