Too fast bios splash screen.
Hi,

I've been browsing the forum a bit and can't find anything about the subject. 
I've managed to add the splash screen with "--fullboot" but it runs by too fast. It's like it's sped up some how. How ever, the games run at normal speed.

Is there an option that I've missed fpr slowing it down? I'm guessing it's fast by default since most people can't be bothered with this type of thing, but I kind of like having the splash screen! ...makws it feel more genuine! ;-)

Best regards.

Sponsored links

did you disable the framelimiter ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I'm quite sure that it's checked. I'll look it up tonight!

Thanks for the quick reply.
Hotkeys of your choice will be Tab (toggles turbo mode = 200% speed) and F4 (en/disable framelimiter)
I figured it was because you're now loading the games from a hard drive or solid state drive (or a much faster dvd drive than what the ps2 had). So the screen goes away faster because you're not actually waiting for an old ps2 to get things spinning and loading.
^ I'm pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
(10-27-2015, 06:15 PM)frenchfries Wrote: I figured it was because you're now loading the games from a hard drive or solid state drive (or a much faster dvd drive than what the ps2 had). So the screen goes away faster because you're not actually waiting for an old ps2 to get things spinning and loading.

Having the iso saved to a HDD/SSD will only decrease load screen times, there is no change in the emulation speed.
(10-27-2015, 06:21 PM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: ^ I'm pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about.

+1, made me giggle. Thanks for the effort though, frenchfries!

Disabling framelimit did it's job. Thanks jesalvain and willkuer.

edit: now how do I mark this as solved?
You can't. A mod can if you really want, but it's really not needed.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(10-28-2015, 12:11 AM)pingaan Wrote: edit: now how do I mark this as solved?

Use Full edit on your first post and you can change the title of the thread to include something like "[Solved]"
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction